Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Wine Heaven

I did two tours, The full day and the half day. Both were guided by Chris and both were... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Q599SNmichaelc
Excellent Wine Tour

Half day wine and cheese tour. We were picked up at our hotel in Niagara by Chris who was our guide... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2021
CM2351
Formby, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Niagara-on-the-Lake
from US$37.61
from US$96.03
from US$79.23
from US$82.85
2,201 results
All reviews wine tour private tour pond view would highly recommend this tour first stop rice wine jeremy driver region niagara company van knowledge host anniversary canada
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband brought me on a surprise stay-cation, for my birthday this year. He also set up this tour. We've done some touring by ourselves of the area in the past, but this was fabulous! Andrea (our guide), was very knowledgeable, and she took us to some smaller wineries, with behind the scene exclusives. The cheese and wine pairing at the beginning was fun. Next time, though, we'll go with the all day tour that includes lunch!

2  Thank Heather A
TTworldtrav, Front Office Manager at Niagara Vintage Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Happy Birthday! We are glad to have shared this special celebration with you. We love the opportunity to showcase our wine country especially to locals who get to see a whole new side of it.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return visit and sharing even more of our favourite wineries with you!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My fiancé and I went on the full day lunch tour while on a mini vacation. Our driver, Gus, was absolutely fantastic and friendly from the moment he picked us up from the Shaw Club. He was very knowledgeable about the area and all of it's history, he also knew so much about the wineries we were going to for the day and what they had to offer at each. We were taken to Konzelmann, Pilliteri, Pondview, Between the Lines and lastly Rief. All of these wineries were absolutely fantastic and the staff was so welcoming. While our lunch was slightly longer then expected due to a staff shortage at the Charles Inn, the food was delicious and it was fun to mingle with a few others that were on our tour. All in all we has an absolutely fantastic time and I would not only highly recommend going on a tour with Niagara Vintage Wine Tours, we will most certainly be coming back to Niagara for another tour with them!

2  Thank AshleighS84
TTworldtrav, Front Office Manager at Niagara Vintage Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you Ashleigh for joining us and for your review.

Thank you very much for being so understanding and letting a slightly longer than normal lunch be an opportunity to visit and enhance your overall experience and impression of our services. We continually strive for premium standards in service and experience and while occasionally events beyond our control may slightly alter a days itinerary we will do our best to ensure we always uphold our highest standards!

It is great to know you enjoyed your experience and we would love the opportunity to share another wine tour with you! Thank you again for your review and your recommendation!!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Was on a business trip and did the wine tour via Niagara Vintage Wine Tours company. I was picked up right on time from the Shaw Club by Gus, our tour guide. The Mercedes Sprinter was gorgeous! MUCH better than the Ford 450's/minivans/other large volume vehicles that I saw throughout the day. It's pretty clear that they want you to have a an amazing experience with they invest in a Benz for their tours.
Gus was amazing to say the least. Friendly, knowledgeable, approachable, very sociable, interactive, humours and warm are just a few words to describe him.
We went to the following wineries:
Konzellman, Pilliteri, Pondview, Between the Lines and Reif.
Each one greeted us warmly, were very thorough in explaining what we were sampling, the history of each winery and there was no pressure to make any purchases (which was especially good).
I think that because of the laid back atmosphere, our group made many purchases along the way as they wanted to instead of feeling like they had to.

Our group of 14 were from as far as Vancouver and Ohio, which shows that this tour is a huge attraction. With so many other tours available, it's hard to differentiate yourself, I imagine.
But NVWT has managed to that by being committed to being the best of the best. Their dedication to hiring quality team members, investments in their resources and delivering a world class experience make them the premier attraction.

I'll be returning for the dinner tour at some point for certain.

10 stars out of 5!

1  Thank Mississauga_Jay

Thank you for joining us for our full day tour and for your detailed review! . We pride ourselves in providing a laid back and relaxing wine country experience and truly are committed to be the best our industry has to offer.

Thank you for joining us it is great to know you so thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated your experience. We would love to share a dinner tour with you as well. Please be sure to let us know when you are back in our area and that you are a returning guest!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband and I went on the full day lunch tour while on our honeymoon in Niagara. Our tour guide (apologies, his name escapes me) picked us up from The Sterling Inn, where we were staying.

Our tour guide was fantastic! Not only did he have extension knowledge about wine and the wineries we visited, but he had so much information about the Niagara region in general. He gave us the history of the area as we drove through, and pointed out interesting and beautiful things to look for. He also took care of packing up the wines we bought, and gave us tips on how to travel with them. He made us feel very comfortable, and he really seemed like he wanted us to have a great time!

The wineries that we visited were smaller to mid-sized, which we appreciated. They were all wonderful to visit and to learn what made them unique in their own ways. We had lunch at the Oban Inn, which was also fantastic.

We highly recommend this wine tour, and can't wait to do it again!

3  Thank Melissa W

Thank you for choosing and recommending us!

Our professional guides really are what set our experiences apart from others. Their passion for the wine industry combined with their experience in the field enhance each of our guests experiences.

I am always glad to hear that their professionalism and commitment has been recognized and appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went on my bi-annual anniversary wine tour during harvest time. Was hoping for Gus, but got another very good guide, as Gus was in Italy.
Our package included 4 wineries in an intimate manner, and lunch.
His choice of wineries was great because 3 of the 4 I've never been to (Hinterbrook, Pondview, and one which ecapes me at the moment). All were very good and i spent a good amount of $$ at pondview on some amazing wines, and also bought 2 bottles at Hinterbrook (Tavel style rose, and a fume blanc).
The lunch was so-so. Not really my thing, but the experience was great, and it is nice to not drive whilst imbibing.

Date of experience: September 2013
2  Thank Zambuccadnezzar_III

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the wineries chosen and their wines. I am sorry to hear that you were on the fence about the gourmet lunch but it is good to know that you overall experience was a positive and memorable one!!

Thank you for choosing to tour with us!