Prince of Wales
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$147
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$212
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$318
US$234
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$123
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$201
US$217
South Landing Inn(Queenston)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$122
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
TripAdvisor
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Hotelpower.com
1,906 results
All reviewschurchill loungeescabechehigh teadrawing roomtea roommain buildingbeautiful hotelthe salt water poolvintage hotelsmy husband and iturn down servicedeluxe roomhotel restaurantget awaytreated like royaltybottle of wineshaw festival
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a great weekend at Niagara on the Lake. We stayed at one of the Vintage hotels, the Prince of Wales, there are four or more of them under the Vintage banner and you can dine around if you like. My husband's birthday is the end of march so we usually try to spend it in a place that may be too busy in the summer time this is our second or third in the past 5 years or so. This hotel is very intimate and cozy. We enjoy the beautiful color schemes of the guest suites and the very generous size of the premium king rooms. The Escebeche Restaurant is where we prefer to eat our meals and we usually get to look out on the park and enjoy the people passing by. If you love wine particularly Ontario wine Fred the sommelier is very knowledgeable,if you check out the video on the web site you will even see him polishing wine glasses a testament to his craft. The chef uses a lot of local ingredeints in his menu and prepares them in interesting ways, We had a great Charcuterie plate there with local cured meats which were quite tasty. My most memorable part of the meal was a strawberry creme brule, it has been a long time that I finished an entire dessert after full meal. You must try one. This hotel is an easy and scenic drive to the casino(Fallsview) where we enjoyed a tribute show to Elvis Presley called "Return to Grace" if you love Elvis and who does not you must catch this particular performer, this was our second time seeing him. I have yet to make to the spa or pool because once we hunker down in those comfy rooms we are already relaxed. Oh well there is always next year.

Room Tip: We usually go with premium king suites. We were in 255 but found it a bit noisy sometimes, we had a quick tour of the Royal suite before we left for future reference this was very nice but a lot of money unless you will spend a lot of time in it (not hard to do if you are with the right person. The front desk said the 201,202, and 203 were also popular.
1  Thank tellitlikeitis64
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We just returned from a Two night package getaway at The Prince of Wales in NOTL and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendy and accomodating, from the reception to the restaurant staff. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and in a great location.We enjoyed 2 breakfasts and a wonderful dinner in the Escebeche dining room. We felt completely relaxed and welcomed by everyone on staff. Our experience at The Prince Of Wales was very pleasurable and we would definitely return to enjoy again.

1  Thank soupyHamiltonCanada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our weekend getaway for our birthdays was great. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The room we asked for is what we got in the main building. It was kept clean and tidy. It could have used a little more light however with the historical value of the building the window was the only size appropriate. The breakfast they served at the restaurant was good, you had your choice on the Sunday to do a'la carte or buffet. Both days we choose a'la carte. The second day the service was very slow, not sure what the issue was, it was busy and what we could see most had the buffet. Our server did keep apologizing for the wait and arranged a late checkout for us, so we would not be rushed to eat. We would visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of the park area and be specific on what type of room you wish, main building or connecting buildings.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MichelleGMPW, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at Prince of Wales.
I could not be more pleased to learn how the team exercised their service professionalism in extending a late check out to accommodate the delays in breakfast service. Again, pleased to see that empowerment is working...your feedback is critical. Thank you!
Michelle

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed here March 9 and 10. We stayed in a King room with whirpool tub and a sitting area. The decor was wonderful, The bed was extremely comfortable and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for in a getaway. We had a WONDERFUL dinner at the hotel restaurant which served wonderful food paired beautifully with Ontario VQA wine. The building was beautiful and even in the off season this is a wonderful place to get away.

Room Tip: I don't think you would get a bad room here.
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The POW is my favorite 'go to quick getaway' spot when I need a mini break. And I'm happy to go with my husband, my friends or by myself-it's always a lovely place to stay. This past new year my husband and I booked a weekend getaway there. Upon check in we were greeted warmly by Carlton, the young man running the front desk. When we requested a room change Carlton made the change effortlessly (or made it appear that way!), quickly and gave us an amazing room with no fuss. It made bringing in the new year in NOTL the perfect choice, and I'm off there again because I can't get enough!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple