Queen's Landing
Moffat Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$134
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$132
Hotels.com
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$159
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$138
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$141
Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$204
  • Pool
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$116
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$109
US$188
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$282
Travelocity
1,631 results
All reviewstiara restaurantpeggy cernickbacchus loungegrand georgianvintage hotelsconference services managerbeautiful hotelsales managercorporate eventlast minute changesmy husband and iturn down servicewedding partyshuttle serviceprince of walessister hotelfort george
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We were fans of the vintage inns and have always stayed at Prince of Wales and Pillar and Post. For this weekend, my husband and I decided to try Queenslanding and we booked 2 rooms to bring my in-laws along to celebrate my mother in law's birthday. Overall, this hotel lacks character as compared to Prince of Wales and P&P. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were not very good. Our biggest disappointment were the food. We always have dinner at Tiara (the restaurant at Queenslanding) and the food were always impressive. Lunch would be at the Escabeche (at Prince of Wales). Let's start with Tiara, for the starter I ordered their Foie Gras which I always do. Before, they would serve us with a full piece of goose liver. This time, they have changed the menu (maybe for cost saving purposes). They mixed little pieces of foie gras with egg and bread to make it a french toast. It was OK but as a foie gras lover, I was not very happy about that. For the main course, two of us ordered the beef tenderloin. We ordered medium rare. Yes, the inside of the steak was medium rare, however the outside was awfully burnt to the point it was bitter. We returned the 2 plates to the kitchen noting the problem about the steak. My gut feeling was that the problem was the grill (i.e.not really fixable unless they clean the grill). They may have burnt some food earlier in the day, so I suggested my mother in-law to change to lamb rack instead. My husband wanted to give it one more chance but unfortunately the second plate of tenderloin still came out with the outside totally burnt. We did not return it this time, just cut off all exterior and ate the meat inside. We were quite upset. Thank God the dessert save the day. All the 4 desserts we order were beautifully decorated and tasty. Service-wise, it was OK. I guess, business was not very good. Only 1 waitress for the entire dinner room. There were about 3 tables dining at any point in time. Another disappointment was they they charge me for regular coffee and tea at the end of the meals. We were on their prepaid meal plan and for the many times we have been there before, that would be included.
As for Escabeche, it was always a hit or miss. This time this "Miss" was that they over-fried the fried of their Lobster poutine. Besides that, the food was OK. However, the service were great! Overall, for accommodation, stay at P&P or Prince of Wales if you are picking one of the vintage inns. For food, Eschabeche always has wonderful service but food is mediocre. I would not recommend Tiara to anyone anymore except to grab an after dinner dessert. It is such a pity, as Tiara had always been one of my favourite restaurants. I live in Toronto. Before, I always say that Tiara would easily be rank higher than many of the 5 star Toronto restaurants. Unfortunately, it is not the case anymore.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Feijujai1011
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for sharing your concern about the meal that you had at Queen's Landing in our Tiara Restaurant. I was very surprised to hear that your culinary experience was not up to your expectations. Had we known on the evening that you were dining with us that you wanted to perhaps modify the fois gras appetizer, our Execuitve Chef would have been happy to create something special for you, as he often does.

I have sent your concerns along to our Food and Beverage Manager, Christophe Hermez and he can be reached at c.hermez@vintage-hotels.com should you want to contact him directly.

We hope that you will join us again and allow us to surpass your dining expectations.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I are seniors and have had a few medical problems during the last few months. My husband realizes that NOTL is my favourite spot in Ontario and gave me a 'love note' telling me that he would be taking me to NOTL for a Christmas Present. My choice was Queen's Landing (we stayed at QL a couple of years ago to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary). QL was my choice as it is elegant, the staff wonderful, amenities just great.
The added touches, Sparkling Wine, Chocolate covered strawberries, beautiful roses on my pillow each night - who could ask for anything more!
From the start of our visit to the departure was amazing and we hope to make a stay at QL an annual event.

Room Tip: We liked the 3rd floor - no noise at all!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorothy P
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Hello Dorothy: Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here at Queen's Landing for your recent stay as well as for your 50th anniversary. We are so pleased that you celebrated such a special event with us. The service team all try their very best to make each experience a memorable one and I see that they have done that for you and your husband.

Please continue to celebrate with us in the future!

All the very best,

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We went to Queen's Landing for a little get away, it was so beautiful! We stayed in the Dock Master Suites beside the main hotel, over looking the Niagara River, this historical house was just renovated and is absolutely beautiful! We had wine and chocolate strawberries pre-ordered to enjoy when we arrived and later had dinner in the main restaurant, the service and food was outstanding. The next day we went for a brisk trial walk on the water and then enjoyed Sunday brunch, again it was excellent! I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to get away from it all and live in the magic of the moment, at least for a few days.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

we had a very enjoyable 3 day trip at this hotel and at this location and would recommend it to any one whom wishes a great time with lots of relaxation and fun with beautiful sites and scenery whether it be winter or summer time

Room Tip: Ground floor deluxe room king bed
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ken b
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Fantastic hotel with all the amenities your really need. We stayed over the Christmas period, which was not too busy.
Great service, pleasant decor and the honeymoon suite with fireplace and hardwood floors was the best. Staff were always there when needed but reserved when not.
They put together a fantastic Christmas brunch and evening meal, superb.

Really enjoyed our 4 night stay and will return next year.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing east have a nice view of the marina.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Hello Dusty - I was so pleased to read of your honeymoon with us at Queen's Landing. We absolutely love hosting special occations for our guests especially around the holidays when the hotel and town are simply magical! The Royal Suite is a superior accomodation that feels like a real treat to stay in! How amazing that you could join us for 4 nights! We truly hope that you will return and make new memories with us! Perhaps you can make it a tradition for anniversaries in the future.

All the best to you and yours and thank you for sharing your experience,