“Quiet and Quaint” 4 of 5 bubbles

Queen's Landing
Kelowna, Canada
“Quiet and Quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Queen's Landing hotel for my Firm's conference and it was such a beautiful surprise. Each room in the hotel held its own personality and treasure. The facility specifically for our conference was perfect for both large group settings and breakout sessions. The staff was friendly and helpful, the food was creative and delicious and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only downfall to this trip was the internet. As we were away for business, we tried to work online remotely on our down times, but the internet was so painfully slow, we were very inefficient in doing so. The hotel location was perfect as it was right on the lake.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

In March 2011, we were married at the Queen’s Landing. Having the wedding, reception, and hotel in a fairytale like setting fulfilled so many of our dreams. Every care was made to ensure our wedding was a magical experience. The food that was served to us was wonderfully presented and had the most exquisite tastes.
For our first anniversary, we returned to the Queen’s Landing for three nights on one of their outstanding packages. We felt important as we did on our wedding day. The staff of the Queen’s Landing have always gone out of their way to make us feel part of “their” family.
We had our anniversary dinner at the Tiara Restaurant. This was worthy of our night. The meal was prepared to perfection and tantalized our tastes.
The waiters in the Tiara Restaurant made the dining experience complete. Arthur and Gerardo are magnificent in providing a truly personal service. Arthur has an air of distinction about him that makes you feel like he should be waiting on the Queen Herself.
To enhance our stay further, we were given a complimentary cheese tray by Lily Kszan, General Manager.
The Queen’s Landing Staff proved to us their incredible attention to detail and once again the Queen’s Landing went out of their way to make our experience, pleasantly memorable.
We have already talked about our return on our second anniversary.
Thanks again,
Karen and Jeff

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Hello Karen & Jeff:

I was simply delighted to read your review and wonderful compliments regarding your wedding and anniversary stay here at Queen's Landing. We truly strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests. A special thank you for recognizing the personlized service you received from our team members in Tiara Restaurant - I will be sure to share your praise with them.

We hope that you will be able to make it a tradition to visit us for your future wedding anniversaries so you can re-live the fairy tale all over again.

Yours in hospitality,

paradise valley AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Can't say enough about the level of service and professionalism that we experienced at The Queens Landing Hotel !! Our son was married there on March 31st. In the Grand Georgian Ballroom. It was a perfect wedding. Teri Canestraro, the special events manager worked with us from early last May to make sure every detail was taken care of. She and her staff made sure that EVERYTHING was executed perfectly. From bartenders to an amazing meal to wonderful courteous staff and being available for every question. I give her full credit...Thank You !!
We had a large number of overseas visitors and out of towners staying at the hotel for the wedding and the staff couldn't have been kinder. The gentleman running the shuttle service was amazing!!
Niagara on the Lake and the Vintage Hotel group are a secret gem in destination weddings. They have it all here ..Amazing florists, wedding cake specialist, pianist and decor co-ordinators.
Thank you all for a day we will never forget!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Hello Sue - I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Queen's Landing after your son's wedding. We are delighted that you and your guests enjoyed their time in Niagara-on-the-Lake for such a special occasion. Teri is a wonderful part of our team and she takes great pride in her work - I will be sure to pass along your compliments to her.

Weddings are very important to us. It is an honor for us to be part of such an important event in a family's life. We hope that we can welcome you back again soon to relive the memories of their wonderful day and perhaps create some new ones.

All my very best,

Lily
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

What a fantastic ‘surprise’ to find such a gem of a hotel in a small village, so close to Niagara Falls where I had been several times before, but I never stopped in Niagara On The Lake (NOTL). Usually, I read some reviews before I decide to stay in a hotel, but this time, it was a friend of mine who suggested the hotel and I didn’t even bother checking what type of hotel this was. I was truly pleasantly surprised by this unique vintage hotel with excellent service, excellent food, classic restaurant and beautiful cosy rooms which come with a fireplace.
I can say I came back home from a business trip more relaxed than when I was before I went there and that’s not a common experience. The whole hotel has a historic spirit, including a beautiful library room, and as a European, this is not easy to find in North America.
The hotel also has 2 other excellent sister hotels that belong to the same family of Vintage hotels in Niagara On The Lake (Prince of Wales and Pillar & Post). Also these hotels are worth a visit if you want to experience a spa treatment. If you want to relax and enjoy the ‘good life’ in NOTL with a sip of local Niagara wine, a cultural show (Shaw festival theater is a 3 min walk away), and learn about some Canadian history along the way, start with a stay at this hotel. You won’t regret it. I can't remember the last time I gave a 5* rating to a hotel, but this one deserves it. Especially recommended for a romantic get away. Will come back. Promised.

Room Tip: Stayed in a corner room and view was great.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Hello Belvera - I was simply delighted to read your review of Queen's Landing. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I was very impressed to receive a 5 star rating from a senior reviewer. It is guests such as yourself that become repeat visitors to our hotels and our town. You will always be welcome!

Thank you for spreading the word about our gem of a hotel in Niagara on the Lake.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Lily
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had to plan a week long corporate training class from the US, not having seen the property, 90 participants, guest rooms, breakouts, meeting rooms, events, special requests, photographer, meals, shuttles, entertainment -- all very difficult logistics -- and the staff there was AMAZING. The class was a HUGE success, and working with the Conference Planner, Peggy, made it all happen seemlessly. Better than we could have hoped for. The reviews from the participants raved about the hospitality, the rooms, the food and the beautiful ambiance. The only complaint was wishing they could have stayed longer. Look forward to many meeting there in the future!!

Room Tip: Inquire with the sale team. Very very helpful.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Hello Frances:

I was absolutely thrilled to hear that your Corporate Training Class was a success here at Queen's Landing. We can certainly appreciate the trust that you needed to put into our sales team and conference planner seeing as you were not able to be on site with the program. We are very pleased that everything was seamless and that we exceeded your expectations.

It was a pleasure hosting this important event for your VIP group and we hope that you will return again in the future so we can contribute to your Corporate Training success!

All the very best and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor,

Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at the Queen's Landing. We have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and attentive service. This time we found our room extremely noisy. There was a hum which seemed to come from the service room next to our room. There was also a drone- type whine which came from the roof which was just outside our window. This morning on check out I said to the receptionist that our room was very noisy and had really affected the quality of my sleep. She responded that she would tell the maintenance people and then thanked me for my "feedback". Believe me, I wasn't trying to give the hotel helpful feedback. I was pretty upset because I had had a minimal amount of sleep. Guess what room I was in--285. Imagine my surprise to see the review that comes before this one. Maybe if two guests share their "feedback" , the maintenance people will actually fix the problem before another guest spends the night.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 285
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jayne222
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Hello Jayne - thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I wanted to let you know that our Engineering Department is currently working on this challenge.

We hope that we can welcome you back again in the future and we apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your last stay.

Sincererly,

Lili Kzan
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

When we arrived at Queens Landing we were given room 285, very nice, a fantastic bathroom, a comfortable bed and soothing classical music on the bedside alarm/radio.
We were very excited at the prospect of a weekend away by ourselves and we had a lovely evening in the lounge where the service and the food were excellent.
The trouble as we were to discover with room 285 is an incessant droning noise, it went on and on and on and on….
Generally you could lob a hand grenade into my bedroom and I wouldn’t be fazed, but this droning really gets to you like toothache for the ears.
It kept us awake for hours.
The noise is all the more pervasive given how quite it is at Niagara on the Lake, we’ve had better nights rest in the clamor of NYC.
In the morning I went down to reception to complain about the noise from what I thought had to be a temporary generator outside our window-this noise couldn’t be normal.
The receptionist looked bemused until one of her colleague’s explained it was in fact a transformer in an electrical room backing onto our bedroom. Enthusiastically I agreed with him “That’s it, an electrical humming noise!”
When I told the receptionist I couldn’t understand why they would dream of putting guests in that room I was faced with an expression as vacant as most of the rooms in the hotel had been the night before (the car park had been less that a quarter full.) She then asked if I’d like to change rooms “Yes please,” says I.
We agreed we’d organize this after I got back from my walk as my wife was upstairs trying to catch up on her sleep.
I returned an hour later to get the keys to the new and thankfully quieter bedroom.
It’s then that I realized that at no point in our two conversations had any apology or in fact any expression of regret been offered by the receptionist for our lousy nights sleep.
On our way out later I dropped off the keys to room 285, guess what, still no apology.
I’m not sure if this no apology/no surrender stance is a corporate policy or just one employees personal take on customer service.
I mentioned the noise in 285 to a couple of other employee’s in passing who knew exactly what I was talking about and said that there are repeated complaints about that room.
You can actually hear the buzzing noise in the corridor for a few doors either side of 285 so I imagine it has the same effect on those rooms too.
The management at Queens Landing needs to stop putting guests in 285 particularly when there are other quieter rooms available, that or soundproof the electrical room to solve this ongoing issue that they are obviously aware of.
I have to say in fairness that other than the first night of sleep deprivation our stay at Queens Landing was made a complete pleasure by the level of service we received from the other members of staff.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in or near 285
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Andy M
Hello Andy:

I wanted to take the time to respond to your experience here at The Queen's Landing. I have spoken with our Engineering Manager, who is looking into the situation right away. This is not typical of our hotel, where guests are always commenting on the lovely sleep that they had while staying with us.

I do wish to apologize for this inconvenience while you were staying at the Queen's Landing and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.