There are several reasons why you should stay at the Oban:
- you're not a B&B person
- you like the basic service offerings of a spa on hand
- you like genuine and polished service
- location is important to you
- you like an unquestionably clean room/atmosphere.
In short, the Oban has class and is a delightful place to stay for an evening or two. But it is a very hefty price when you can stay in B&B's for a third of the price. The Oban is a really nice hotel but personally I'm a value guy and I believe the Oban jacks their rates because there are few similar games in town. I would pay 200/night there but I paid almost double that, hoping it might somehow feel worth it. They did their best but I just don't feel like the price was justified. If you don't mind B&B's, like my wife and I, then just do a B&B for a fraction of the price. I booked Oban as an anniversary gift and my wife nearly choked when she unadvertently saw the price. If money is no object then it's a nice (although not spacious - that might be the kicker - $350 for 200 square feet) hotel in a good location, and the service at the front desk is near perfect, if not overboard!
If you're mindful of value, just do a B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled serenely in the heart of wine country and historic Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, minutes to theatres and attractions, The Oban Inn overlooks Lake Ontario and the Canada’s oldest golf course. With 26 tranquil, luxurious guest rooms and elegant dining surrounded by delightful ponds and lush English gardens and the creation of the beautiful new OSpa, The Oban Inn has become a celebrated wellness retreat. State-of-the-art exercise room, outdoor hot spring and infinity lap pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oban Inn, Spa And Restaurant Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Oban Hotel
- Oban Inn, Spa And Restaurant Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario