Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Cider & Wine Self-Guided Bicycle Tour

Book in advance
from
US$60.70
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Pillitteri Estates Winery
from US$60.70
from US$191.26
from US$129.68
More Info
All reviews wine tasting family history great tour our tour guide award winning icewine festival different wines niagara vintage cabernet franc wine making ice wine festival cellar winery jacob host samples estate
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I visited various vineyards on NOTL twice the last 17 years. This is the third time as family vacation. Always stopped at Pillitteri Estate. Their wines and ice wines are wonderful. Last Sunday we visited Pillitteri and the place was pretty busy. We were greeted by Sarah at the bar. Sweet young lady!!!! My brother and his wife tried a flight and Sarah volunteered and poured grape juice for my nieces. We discussed how NOTL expanded since the last time I visited in 2006. We ordered a case of the Late Harvest Vidal. Sarah informed us that since we bought a case, we got a discount and charged only for 11 bottles. A pleasant surprise!!!!!

Then, Mrs. Pillitteri (Lena) came out and visited with us. She took us to the back warehouse and showed us some of her special bottles and tried more of the Cabernet Late Harvest. It was good!!! We talked about families like we are old friends. Here is the Owner and she took the time to talked with her customers!!!!! There were more customers and tour buses come in as we visited. Sarah remained with us all this time!! Ok. So we ending up purchased a case of the Cabernet from our new friend. Sarah got us bubble wrapping and boxes for our wines.

Pillitteri also carries Tracy's brand jellies that made locally. The Hot Pepper Chardonnay and Habanero Merlot are awesome if you like a "kick" to offset the sweetness. Doesn't hurt it's $2 lower than the other places. Pillitteri showcased beautiful collections of their award winning wines and bottles. FYI, Pillitteri has special label for Canada 150th birthday and the Late Harvest are $5 less than regular price. If I didn't have to pack these back to Houston, I would have bought 3 cases for myself. My friend just have to get more for me next time he visit Pillitteri.

Grazie Signora Pillitteri and Sarah for your wonderful company!!!!! You made this trip memorable!!! Your wines may have won numerous awards but your affection for your customers deserves the highest award of all. Your other staff was pleasant as well! I hope to see you both next time I visit Niagara.

Best regards,

Christie and Family

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Really great wines! Staff took their time explaining their wines, history, awards, etc. and really engaged with our group. The best experience out of all wineries we visited that day.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Buses galore and inexpensive wine.
I thought that was why there were crowds but I really liked a $13 bottle of wine they had.
The price does not tell about the wine.
Of course I bought a bottle.
It also helps that they have many servers and they really made it fun.
That's what we want fun + great wine.
They have both.
Fight the crowds and go there.

1  Thank justmyimpression
Reviewed August 8, 2017

It can be easy to miss this winery as it reminded me of several farmers markets back home. Don't pass this location because it has a nice range of wines from which to select. It was here that I learned that Cabernet Franc grapes are the predominate variety grown in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

There is a tasting bar inside and the cost of samples will be deducted from your purchases. Take time to talk to the staff as they are extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place while taking a walk down Niagara stone road. We stopped in for the free tasting and walked out with a purchased bottle ( probably would have purchased more if we were not walking). The wine is great. For white they mostly offer a sweeter variety of Resilings, but they were all very good.

Personally the ice wine is too sweet for me- but they did offer a Canada 150 ice wine that was not as sweet and would be nice with dessert.

The guy who did our tasting was amazing- kept recommending food pairings (but very relevant ones when your drinking more than just a few glasses) like cool ranch Doritos and kraft dinner! Wish I got his name!