“No winter operations”

and up
Afternoon Delight Wine and Cheese Tour
Ranked #16 of 33 Tours in Niagara-on-the-Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: In Niagara Wine Country, our Grape and Wine Tour Team are known as the Special Event Planners to count on for the incredible expertise in wine touring planning, day trips & specialty events. For groups of two or more guests to larger corporate/social group tours as large as 300 guests all in one day! Our special event planning experience is what is really appreciated and valued by our guests and corporate clients and what makes us stand out. With over 20 years' experience in coordinating exceptional personal and group tours, some would say we are special event planners extraordinaire. We love what we do! It's all about you! "Wine Down With Us"
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Nowhere on the website does it indicate that they are not doing daily tours until May. When I called and questioned a March 1st date they told me and I said nothing indicated on website. His response was I know...

All reviews
"sample"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed December 19, 2017

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Ok so I have to be fair first. I went on the dinner tour with this company in August 2016 with a friend and it was faultless. Food was amazing, the tour was excellent and everything hassle free. So, naturally when it came to going for another tour for the same friends birthday, I wanted to book where I THOUGHT would be excellent again. Wrong. Oh how I wish I had never bothered.

The day started off well, Eddie (the owner) had collected us and brought us to the depo where his wife BB was full of sunshine. Perfect so far. But unfortunately that's pretty much where it ended.

We were to travel in a mini van with 10 other people, but one of the groups travelling with us, had 2 people who cancelled at the last minute. So, we happily set off as a party of 11 to the first winery across the road where we sampled wines and quickly moved onto Lakeview Winery. It was at Lakeview that we learnt we had managed to mysteriously pick up 3 more travellers. Though none of which were originally booked on our tour. The bus was now completely (and painfully) full. Now let me explain; the back row had 5 chairs- none of those chairs are designed to fit any larger than a size 6 and we had at least 3 larger people on the tour. Nonetheless, we tried to make do.

We got to the 3rd winery to find the recurring issue, that the wineries to date (and subsequently throughout the rest of the tour) had all believed we were a party of 5 - not 14. The owner of the winery was rude and shrieking like a banshee that the number had effectively tripled - clearly not the first time it happened either. We were brought out to 2 picnic benches beside loud music, and swiftly abandoned after 5 minutes of a rushed tasting. I asked John our driver to see if he could procure another bus for the added guests or indeed a larger bus; as everyone was very uncomfortable and the company website says they will run with a minimum of 2 guests. He apologised and explained he wasn't aware there was an issue and disappeared off to see what he could do. Some 10 minutes later he returned, telling me that Eddie the owner told him no, and that if I wasn't happy, I could leave the tour. I was shocked and appalled.

I explained to John that it was unfair that 3 people were squashed into our tour AFTER it had begun and that noone was happy on the bus; but yet the response given by the owner was essentially 'shut up or get off.' John called Eddie and what ensued was the most DISGUSTING behaviour I have ever received in my 15+years of working in hospitality. I was accused of trying to take advantage when I asked for a refund, told 'oh my gawd do you HEAR yourself? Do you work in finance?' and then told 'business is business', all the while being screamed at by someone who quite frankly needs to learn the core value of customer service; that THEY are the ones who drive your business. Never in my life have I ever been spoken to in that manner. I had to remind him that I was the customer and when I tried to explain what my issue was, he didn't care. He couldn't (or more likely wouldn't) arrange transport for the other 3 people, but was perfectly okay to come collect my party.

We continued on throughout the farce of the day, with every single guest disgusted - including 4 USA guests! One of my party sat on my lap for the rest of the journey in an attempt for any of us to be comfortable. The only upside, was the seamless adaptation of the manager at Between the Lines, who spent over 45 minutes with us and didn't bat an eyelid when our numbers had increased. I don't remember her named but she was phenomenal.

When I phoned BB the next day and told her what happened, she was highly apologetic, stating that she worked hard to 'build a pyramid and Eddie came and knocked it down.' The comparison between Eddie and BB was like night and day. She listened, and was horrified at his behaviour & immediately offered us LCBO vouchers or a replacement dinner tour before the end of the season, (if we were willing to allow her to try and make it right) for which Eddie would have zero input. I explained that the other 2 in my party had schedule issues but I would be in contact, and was assured that if we couldn't do the meal, the vouchers still stood.

Several emails went by, and when I emailed on October 1st (and then followed up on Oct 11th) to say that we unfortunately couldn't make it due to uncontrollable circumstances before the end of the season; the responses stopped. I had to call on October 23rd, where BB admitted she received the emails but had no explanation for not responding. Her manner had turned sour and said it was 'easier for her' if we had have attended the meal. I explained why we couldn't again, and she assured me that the birthday girl would at least be sent a voucher for the LCBO. She took her details from me; but as of November 21st, almost a full month later, nothing has arrived.

To say I am disgusted with this company would be doing it a kindness. I can honestly say I will never tour with this company again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. Take the tour at your own risk; but whilst Eddie is at the helm, it is destined for disaster.

Edit - Since posting the original review, I was sent a personal email by BB complaining about the fact I wrote a bad review. She told me that it showed my 'true character' and that she "100% believed in Karma!" Mysteriously, both the post here and the other were reported to tripadvisor for review upon receipt of the email from her and I chose to remove them both to edit my review further to this. I am since considering writing to the BBB as I find it very interesting that someone wants to censor what reviews are displayed about this company.

Again, take the risk on your own judgement. I had a good experience last time, but this time round left barely anything good to say, and certainly not the owners conduct following the posting of the review.

1  Thank E_w1942