“Beautiful, contemporary winery!”

Southbrook Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: Southbrook Vineyards is Canada's first certified organic and biodynamic winery. Located on the periphery of scenic Niagara-on-the-Lake, Southbrook houses a 150 acres of land with 67 acres of vines. Owners Bill & Marilyn Redelmeier have always strived for complex, age-worthy Chardonnays and Bordeaux-blends. With the help of Ann Sperling, Director of Wine Making and Viticulture, Southbrook has been producing award-winning wines, towards with a focus local and sustainable wine making. Stop in for a visit at the winery and learn about our LEED Gold Certified retail pavilion and winery, all the while enjoying a glass of our locally produced wines. Before you leave, don't forget to say hello to one of our 150 sheep grazing throughout the property, or sit down and have a bite to eat at our outdoor bistro.
Niagara Falls, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful, contemporary winery!”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I love the wine, and my best friend got married there, and the venue was stunning. Ultra modern, and really great staff. Worth checking out!

Toronto, Canada
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Interesting tour, great wines and good food”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We did a wine tasting tour with my wife's family. The tour started with a tasting of 3 organic wines from the vineyard and all were very good. We had pizza with the wine and it was tasty as well. The tour was interesting and informative. The allowed you to sample wines in the store and we bought 4 bottles to bring home with us.

Visited August 2011
Brooklin, Canada
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“The BEST wine made in the Americas. Yup- I said it.”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Let me just say that I am not some wine efficienado. I don't know much about how to describe the way wine tastes accurately, and I would never stand a chance of winning some sort of blind taste-test. But I love wine just the same. And I am VERY picky about what I drink. I have tried many different wines from all over the world, and here is my chance to up my credibility a little: French and Italian wines are my favourites. But of any North or South American wine I have ever tried, this stands above them all by a long shot. I don't know what it is about it that makes it so good, but it is AMAZING. And to add something further to that- I have always been a red wine drinker exclusively, but I tried some of the whites they had on offer, and I could easily drink them without finding them too sweet or too dry, as so many other whites tend to be.
Yes, I agree with their philosophy and I am very impressed by their extensive green initiatives- and you should know that they are leaders in this area, going so far as to not even use lawnmowers, but rather goats to cut the grass! But if it produced a terrible product, what would be the point? You MUST come here and sample some of their products. If you have any love for wine as I do, you will not be sorry you came here! Next time that I am in the Niagara area, I will not be wasting my time with any other wineries besides Southbrook.

Visited July 2011
ATL,GA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“'Yoga in the Vineyard' at Southbrook--an amazing experience!”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Southbrook is an organic/biodynamic vineyard, housed in a beautiful LEED-certified building. I was drawn there not only for my fondness of organic products, but primarily for the incredible experience know as YOGA IN THE VINEYARD. A company started by yoga enthusiast Alana, the concept bridges those of us who love yoga as well as those fond of good wines. I traveled from the U.S. to come to this event--at this vineyard--and was not disappointed. My expectations were definitely exceeded! An hour yoga class outside, looking directly onto the vineyards & up at the sky, was followed by a lovely brunch and knowledgable wine tasting. The tour of the vineyard was great too. Yoga in the Vineyard also has other events they host in Canada at other wineries. I'd highly recommend this to anyone who likes yoga, organics, and/or wine!

Visited August 2011