“Decent chocolate”
Review of Chocolate FX

Chocolate FX
Ranked #12 of 33 Tours in Niagara-on-the-Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: A family run Chocolate Factory open 7 days a week for public tours with a retail store, samples, tastings and special events.
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

The tour here is short and sweet. They explain how the company was started and how the systems work in their plant to make the varieties of chocolate. They have a few pictures and the window into the factory but nothing else with the tour. Chocolate here is good but I've had better. I bought the chocolate covered cherries which are good but very dry inside. They do have some samples available and a decent variety. The workers are very informed and happy to share info on their items. If you are a chocolate fanatic then this is a nice quick stop but other than that I would not say it's an out of the way destination.

All reviews
"great selection"
"rice wine"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2018

I was driving by and I decided to check it out. Unfortunately, I missed the tours because it was late in the day. The retail store had a lot of unique products and they were very generous with the free samples. It's a great place for unique chocolates and gifts.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Friends recommended we stop at Chocolate FX while in Niagara-On-The-Lake and I am happy I did. Upon arriving inside you are greeted by the aroma of fresh chocolate. They have samples set out and encourage you to try as many as you like. We fell in love with the milk chocolate covered almonds and the dark chocolate covered apricots. One taste was all it took and we were on our way out the door bags in hand. They have a large variety of flavors. Stop by, you won’t be sorry.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Had a lovely"Double Dipping" chocolate experience. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and everything chocolate covered is delicious. The chocolate quinoa puffs are a must!!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2018

The building is a 125 year old formerly a cannery building that has been substantially added on to. They now ship chocolates around the world.

I had a coupon from a hotel for a free tour and a sample. Two buses showed up so I left before the tour started. I went back a few days later and I am glad I did. The tour was very informative. Every hour from 11 - 3
I purchased sesame brittle and mixed nuts brittle. I also bought 3 bags of cocoa bean shell mulch.