1,006 results
All reviews brownie zee's grill bathroom mirror pet fish rain shower dvd library my husband and i personalized stationary festival theatre main building rooms are small guest lounge hotel restaurant attached restaurant directly across the street king bed lounge area
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a wonderful large walk in shower with a large rain shower head and body spray. The dinner was fantastic and so was the breakfast. Much better than any of the Vintage hotels that we had stayed in before.
The room was so quiet and we felt like we had the place to our selves. The staff were wonderful and we definitely come back here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Thank you “milkmate” for choosing the Shaw Club Hotel for your accommodations in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Our guestrooms do offer our guests contemporary luxury in the heart of NOTL for a relaxing getaway; our oversized rainhead showers are a guest favourite! I’m glad you were able to join us on the Travel Zoo promotion and enhance your stay with dinner and breakfast at Zees. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Entirely delightful meal from the warm welcome of the host and prompt seating on the patio through the finishing touches of dessert. Vegetarian risotto was rich & flavorful, and my companion's beef ribs were perfectly seasoned & tender. Our server, Laura, was attentive & helpful, elevating an exceptional meal into really top notch territory. As we waited for entrees to be prepared, Laura brought complimentary "amuse bouche," a delightful ly surprising mouthful of fresh pear, feta, pecans & crisp baby radish greens topped with a balsamic reduction. For dessert, she recommended the lemon tarts as the less sweet and more crisply citrus flavored option. My threshold for happiness was far exceeded with the elegant presentation and superb sharp flavor of lemon paired with blueberry and garnished with assorted fresh berries. A truly splendid meal on every front.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Room was mediocre. No room service at 3pm. No valet. Transferred 14 times before speaking to someone. Literally treated better at pub around corner. Will not be back. Was basically just told to deal with it. For 400 per night this was not what I wanted

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Dear “AndrewM8763”,

Thank you for joining us at Shaw Club. I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. I am surprised that you found our team to be less than helpful as that is one thing we pride ourselves on and have guests comment on regularly. Yesterday as I sat at the front desk with my colleague, I was privy to your conversation regarding valet service, and although that is not a service we offer, she did offer to park your truck for you to which you declined. From your guestroom you reached out to us via telephone at 3:30pm, which was answered within 3 rings, and inquired about room service. We explained that Zees Grill was offering their patio menu (as we were in between lunch and dinner) and unfortunately you were not pleased with the menu available and hung up on us before we could provide you with alternate dining options.

You returned to the front desk and had inquired with me about where to get coffee, and instead of directing you to our complimentary Keurig in our guest lounge (as well as in your guestroom), I arranged for Zees Grill to bring a fresh pot of coffee to your room, gratis.

I wish you had come to the Front Desk upon departure so we would have had an opportunity to speak with you and clarify/rectify your concerns.

I sincerely hope that you are able to find a hotel in the area which can offer the services you seek.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

It’s always a pleasure to stay at the Shaw Club!
It’s location is perfect!
It is in walking distance to the Festival Theatre & many restaurants & shops.
The staff is always welcoming, cheerful & helpful!
Breakfast at Zee’s was delicious!
The rooms are spacious & the shower was so relaxing!
The little extras that the Shaw provides are thoughtful & greatly appreciated!
If your looking for a place to stay do not hesitate to book at the Shaw Club, it’s a perfect place to rest, relax & recharge!
MF

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary2691
Reviewed May 19, 2018

The room was in the annex which has a steep set of steps which may be difficult those less able...no elevator. The room was well equipped but showing its age. The beds are reasonably comfortable but not exceptional. On the upside, the staff are helpful and friendly and the hotel is clean and very well situated in old town.

Room Tip: request the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

Dear "JohnH", thank you for joining us at Shaw Club Hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our team and appreciated the level of cleanliness.

I am very sorry to hear that it was a bit inconvenient not having an elevator to access your room. We always suggest to our guests that if you have specific requests, to please contact us directly. I believe you had reserved through a third party site and I am sorry if you did not read in the details of the room that it is located up one flight of stairs, without elevator access.

I invite you reach out to us directly for your next visit so we can ensure that you are in a location that meets your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel.