All reviews bedroom villa treadwell restaurant the main street l'occitane toiletries full kitchen wine bar washer and dryer reception area amazing hotel my husband and i perfect location coffee machine huge bathroom boutique hotel within walking distance on site restaurant shuttle service
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to 124 on Queen. We were visiting the Shaw Festival with two of our adult children and chose the location because it is convenient to the Royal George theater and many of the restaurants and stores in town. The rooms are fine. The elevator to the second floor of our building was slow, but it wasn't going far. We will definitely return

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ClarkKent007
Samantha M, Guest Relations Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Thank you for choosing 124 on Queen Hotel & Spa for your accommodations while attending the theatre. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your hotel stay and our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed June 14, 2018

I notice that several rave reviews involved the fact that those guests received an "upgrade" to larger accommodations. We weren't offered that, and I'm now sorry I didn't ask. The room ( a "courtyard king") was decently furnished and clean, but tiny.
The other disappointment was the continental breakfast (which, by the way, is charged as an add-on.) It consisted of 'pastries' that were more like dessert than breakfast, and an apple, and some dry cereal with yoghurt. The only 'cutlery' that came with this was one small plastic spoon. It was a surprisingly mediocre presentation given the fact that
the inn is also the site of a restaurant called Treadwell - which is one of the best eating places in the town.

The hotel is well located - directly on the main street, and thus near the theaters, and the staff is quite accommodating and professional.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank widelenser
Samantha M, Guest Relations Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room type you booked. We do try to surprise guests with a complimentary upgrade if the hotel has vacant rooms to accommodate such a move. However, when booking in the high season or over the weekend this is not always physically possible, as we are a boutique location and do not often have additional rooms left to move you to.

I am also sorry to hear that the breakfast basket for you that morning was not what you expected, especially as we do take the time to fully describe the contents of the basket to you and give you a detailed description, with a photograph of what to expect. I will certainly pass on your comments to Treadwell’s kitchen manager for further review, as I know they take great care to prepare each basket every morning and strive for the baked goods, granola and yogurt to be served fresh each day.

I do hope that if you return to our location we better accommodate your needs in advance as we are always happy to try to make you stay as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for a honeymoon weekend in March and it absolutely blew us away! Neither of us had heard of the hotel before but saw the two-night package offer and decided to give it a try. From the moment we arrived, the customer service was fantastic. We received a free upgrade to a one-bedroom villa and the desk women personally escorted us to the room.

The villa was great! Everything you could possibly need and then some. Full kitchen with all high-end appliances, living room with fireplace, couches, even blankets, a full balcony (that we couldn't enjoy due to the weather), massive bathroom, laundry machines, and a very comfortable bed in a comfortable bedroom.

We received the breakfast both mornings which was a nice treat of baked goods, yogurt, fresh fruit, and juice. My wife is a celiac and they accommodated her with gluten-free versions of everything.

We used the complimentary shuttle twice and it was a great added touch. It was available immediately both times and drove us to and from dinner so that we could enjoy ourselves.

My wife received a facial at the spa and came out absolutely raving about it. I chose the relaxation massage and was very happy. The spa was very clean and comfortable with a private changeroom and full shower for afterwards.

We have already recommended this hotel to friends and family and cannot wait to return for our anniversary!

Room Tip: The villas are so comfortable, they are basically a full apartment and we had trouble leaving it!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that we were able to make your honeymoon celebration weekend one to remember!

Walking our Guests to their room is a personalized touch that we enjoy here at 124 and we believe this is just one of the many that set us apart from the rest, along with our complimentary shuttle service. Our Villas are beautifully appointed and make you feel as though you are right at home.

The Spa at 124 is the perfect place to feel relaxed and step away from our sometimes hectic lifestyles. Not only is it tucked away just steps from the busy streets of Niagara on the Lake, but the services we offer are one of a kind and our Estheticians and Registered Massage Therapists offer great treatments and services.

Our breakfast baskets allow our guests to stay right in the comfort of their room while enjoying freshly baked and put together offerings from our on-site restaurant Treadwell Cuisine. They recently opened a bakery, which you will have to go visit when you come next!

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We were in Niagara on the Lake for a wedding and stayed 2 nights here. We appreciated the friendly personalized service that had a staff person escort us to our room.. The room was quite lovely (the fireplace in winter would have been delightful) and the bed was super comfortable. We enjoyed a great meal at Treadwell's on the hotel grounds, and with the hotel being right in mid-town, we were able to walk to many shops, parks and attractions. We would happily return.

Stayed: June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our personal touches and location. We often hear that our guests do not want leave the bed because they are so comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

The spa is at the top of my street but even if it weren't convenient, I would travel to The Spa @ 124. The facilities are tranquil, beautiful and clean.This is the second time I've been for a hot stone massage and the treatment completely relaxes me from any stress or tension. Finally, the estheticiansare well trained, friendly and discreet. I would recommend the spa.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank traceyln
Samantha M, Guest Relations Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experiences with us. We truly appreciate it! I am happy to hear that we are your #1 choice here in Niagara on the Lake. Our Spa is tranquil and welcoming, and we want nothing more then for our guests to be as comfortable as possible for the duration of their stay. Our Estheticians and RMT"s are well trained and enjoy providing the best service to locals and world travelers alike!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!