“Love the Olde Angel Inn”
Review of The Olde Angel Inn

The Olde Angel Inn
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Step through the doors and back into history! The Olde Angel Inn (Circa 1789 - burned down as a result of the war of 1812 and rebuilt in 1815) is situated in the heart of the historic district. We have 5 cosy, comfortable historic rooms and we are a short stroll to the Main Street and Shaw Festival Theatre; as well as a short drive to many of the local wineries. We offer hearty British Pub fare as well as 24 selections of draught beer on tap and 17 different wines by the glass. Live entertainment is provided on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights (Wednesday during peak season). Stop by and visit Canada's prettiest town!
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We had a great stay at the Olde Angel Inn, and will definitely be back to stay. Food and staff were awesome. Rooms are rustic and very clean, cant say enough good things about this place!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
TheOldeAngelInn, Front Office Manager at The Olde Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Hello June!

Thanks so much for writing us a review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and were happy with your food and our staff! Please come again soon :)

Kyla

Write a ReviewReviews (2,335)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Food very dried out. No passionate employees, not the first time eating here.
Fish wet in the middle & over batterd.
Not crispy frys, Undercooked,
Chicken sandwich no flavor bun stale.

TheOldeAngelInn, Front Office Manager at The Olde Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Hi Samei123,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and let us know about your experience. We are so sorry to hear it was not a positive experience like many others.

We pride ourselves on being a lively pub, that offers great food. I would love to hear more details about when you were here so we can ensure this never happens again.

Please feel free to email me (angelinn@bellnet.ca) or call me (905-468-3411). I am here Tuesday to Saturday each week.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Regards,
Ashley

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to the olde angel inn for dinner after a long day of shopping and sightseeing. When we entered it was rather busy, we found a table in the back and sat down and no sooner had we done this that a wonderful server was taking our drink order. My wife and I ordered the fish and chips and it was scrumptious. Our server made sure that everything was to our satisfaction and was very friendly and attentive. There was a live band playing and the music was perfect. We really enjoyed ourselves and the meal. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone.
Thanks guys! I'll be back

TheOldeAngelInn, Front Office Manager at The Olde Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Good morning Dave!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our fish and chips! They are a specialty of ours and everyone loves them!

See you again soon :)

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I loved our room. It was the General's Suite which has one private bedroom and two bathrooms. It also has another bed in Main area next to a cute little sitting room. The Olde Angel Inn is a great place in general. There was a good band playing and it was so nice just to head right upstairs after the evening's entertainment. Loved it and hope to return again.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
TheOldeAngelInn, Front Office Manager at The Olde Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, room and our entertainment!
Please come again soon :)

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I grew up in Niagara-On-The-Lake and used to go to the Angel all the time. Now, when I come back to visit family, it's a spot that I try to hit at least once. I'm afraid that won't be happening any more after last night's experience.

A friend and I went for dinner. After ordering and telling the waitress that I had a life-threatening shellfish allergy, her response was "I will tell them, but I can't guarantee anything." I asked if I could have a salad instead of fries (as the fries go into the deep-fryer with shellfish) and she again said, "I can tell them, but I can't guarantee anything," while banging the menus against her hand, as though me and my allergy were such a huge annoyance she had to deal with.

I have never had this experience before at a restaurant. Never before has any restaurant actually told me that they don't care whether I live or die after I eat at their establishment. I go out to eat a lot, and while sometimes modifications have to be made to my order to keep it safe, the restaurant always tries to work with me. That is their job, and it is their responsibility to keep their customers safe. The Angel was unable to do that. It's a busy place, and they're not going to miss my business. But I think it's important people know that when they go here, the people in charge of handling their food don't care - to the extent that someone could actually die. And I will work hard to ensure that everyone I know, and anyone I can reach online, knows it.

2  Thank Kate E
TheOldeAngelInn, Front Office Manager at The Olde Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Hi Kate,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here, as well as numerous other sites about your experience. I am sorry to hear that you feel as though we deserve a 1 star review after you were in the other evening.

I had the opportunity to speak with the waitress (who is our Bar Manager) about your experience, and your allergy. It is ours (and numerous other establishments) policy to never guarantee that we can adhere to an allergy. The Olde Angel Inn will always do our very best to ensure that there is not a risk of cross contamination, however it cannot be guaranteed. Audrey mentioned how thankful you were for us being so honest about our allergy standard and that you thanked her numerous of times.

To provide you with some background as to why we cannot guarantee a food allergy (shellfish, or any other food allergy), from the beginning our food suppliers cannot guarantee specific items are not processed in their facility and because of that we will never be able to guarantee that our food is safe from any specific allergens. Our menu also carries carious dishes with shellfish.

When the waitress said “I can tell them, but I can’t guarantee anything”; it was not her saying that “she doesn’t care if you live or die”; it was very much the opposite. If we were to guarantee what you ordered would not come in contact with shellfish that would be us saying that we do not care what happens to you. As explained above, it is simply impossible for us (or any establishment to guarantee). We care deeply for all our guests, and that is why we will never guarantee anything to them, especially if it is a life threatening allergy.

I hope this clears up any concerns you have had.

Warmest Regards,