All reviews bordeaux suite executive chef bed and breakfast treetop suite my husband and i chocolate chip cookies b bs amazing chef french press each morning sitting area local ingredients jacuzzi tub wonderful experience mini fridge private balcony mother's day
Reviewed January 3, 2018

My girlfriend and I had the opportunity to stay at Maria's B&B during the New Years Long weekend. It was our first staying at a B&B and didn't know what to expect but Kent made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived. The suite that we stayed in was very spacious, clean and cozy. The breakfasts were absolutely to die for, Kent is a spectacular chef and I would definitely recommend staying here. Kent and Nancy went above and beyond to make our New Years weekend extra special.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Certainly the most expensive but also the most luxurious B&B we've stayed at. Had a glorious suite with bedroom, lounge and kitchen area, jacuzzi bath which sadly is too noisy to use at anytime as the pump can be heard throughout the house. This was a pity as the time we wanted to enjoy it was when it was not usable. Hosts were lovely, they provided superb local information and food was fabulous.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kent G, Owner at Maria's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about our home. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us; the room, our breakfasts and making your stay a comfortable one. It is these details that we take great pride in providing for our guests.

We appreciate your comment about the use of our jacuzzi bath and would like to acknowledge that our policy allows for the jetted tubs to run from 9:00 am till 10:00 pm; allowing for a good amount of time for use during the day and into the evening. It is as a courtesy to the other guests staying in our home that we have limited it to those hours and not for use between 10:00 pm and 9:00 am. Our guests are certainly welcome to use the bath at any time just not the “jets” as you pointed out as they could disturb other guests. However, with so much to do and see in Niagara-on-the-Lake, it may be the case that the only time our guests are back in their rooms and looking for a jacuzzi bath is late at night or early in the morning. As was the case with yourselves, we find most folks who stay with us understand the rationale for this restriction.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Canada.

Kent and Nancy Gore

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

My daughter reminded me that we needed to complement Kent on his delicious breakfasts for which he created gourmet vegan options when we stayed at Maria's in the summer.
Breakfasts aside, the bedrooms are very well appointed - fresh coffee making facilities provided! The Laura Lyn suite has room for an extra bed in the sitting room.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Couldn't ask for better accommodations everything was great,We stayed last year and didn't hesitate to return,Kent was exceptional with his unique and delicious breakfasts and the rooms were just great,twenty five minutes to the falls and just minutes to down town Niagara-on the Lake.Also if the wineries are your thing you can visit 10 in a five mile radius,I would recommend Konzelman's,very good and beautiful.We will return.

Room tip: Bordeaux was a classic.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017

This is our second stay at Maria’s this year and Kent is the perfect host! I had my cousins visiting from Australia and we had a 2-night stay with Kent. My cousins were very impressed with the ambiance at Maria’s. The rooms were lovely and the breakfasts are the best any of us have had at a B&B. We visit NOTL at least once a year and will be returning to Maria’s every time. Thanks Kent for making my cousin’s stay such a memorable one!! It was the highlight of their stay in Canada!

Date of stay: September 2017