“Wow- a real experience in food”

Peller Estates Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peller Estates Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$51 - US$150
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in the heart of Peller Estates Winery, this fine dining experience offers inventive regional cuisine paired with Peller Estates award winning wines. Executive Chef Jason Parsons works with our winemaking team to showcase wines in his seasonally evolving menu. The restaurant was recently awarded the highest possible rating for food, 'Extraordinary', by Zagat readers. Please see our website for a fantastic array of signature culinary events that will be held at the Winery.
Ontario
“Wow- a real experience in food”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

you only eat this kind of food once in a while- a real treat!

• Korean first
Frankfurt, Germany
“Excellent food, great wines, nice location! Staff was so-so.”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Having been two weeks on a business trip in Toronto, I decided to visit Niagara Falls and the surrounding area on the weekend. For lunch I decided to head to Peller Winery's Restaurant in Niagara on the Lake.
When I arrived at 12:30 only two other tables were occupied but it got more crowded over the next hour. One of the waitresses greeted me and brought me to my table. I got a complementary glass of Peller's sparking wine which was a nice gesture. I opted for the Sparking Brunch option and the accompanying wines, deciding on salmon tartar, scallops as the main course and the walnut cheesecake for desert.
All courses were absolutely delicious, cooked/prepared to perfection, and presented in a very nice way. The chef and his kitchen staff did an absolutely fabulous job. The wines were exquisitly paired with the food, and I would recommend anyone to go with the wine option. Inlcuding tip, total cost for the lunch was 100 CAD which was absolutely worth it.
The overall location was very nice as well (restaurant has view of the vineyards), and I could imagine it being a great location for events or weddings etc as well. The only thing that really was not up the overall standard was the service. Even though service was very fast, the general attitude of the staff was very lacklustre and no one seemed very "into" doing their jobs. (I've been served by waiters who had more fun in their job and were more engaging with their customers in BA's Heathrow lounge.)
I absolutely recommend the Peller restaurant to anyone and will come there myself again. The quality of the food and wine makes up for the mediocre service. The tour of the winery is also something I can highly recommend.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank tordenskjold
Toronto, Canada
“Very tasty and different food”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant with a couple of friends and we were pleased with the choice. The dining room was very nice. Our server was very friendly and helpful.

We did not try the tasting menu, we went a la carte. The food was very fresh and imaginative. I had the Salmon Jerky and my wife had the Beef Carpaccio. We both had the Lobster Linguini as the interlude. I had the Heritage Beef Ribeye with Foie Gras and my wife the Pan Roasted Diver Scallops and Seared Foie Gras. All of the food was delicious and the desserts were as well. The wines recommended by our server were great.

• Visited December 2011
“Dinner at Peller”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We enjoyed the tasting menu with wine pairings. Beautiful views of the vineyard even in winter, lovely ambience, good service and the food was wonderful. Thoroughly recommend for a special treat.

Visited January 2012
“Perfectly Paired”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stopped in for a few bottles of wine and decided on prix-fixed lunch. I highly recommend the prix-fixed with wine pairing surprise menu idea. The wines were perfectly paired with the food. Everything came out tasting and looking perfectly considering we were sat outside on the far end of the patio. Five portions of locally sourced fresh food drizzled out over the period of about an hour and a half or so since we asked for a slower meal. We loved it.

We left with a wine club membership and we are enjoying the recipes and wine tips they share.

Of note: my allergy was catered to with no mistakes. They even had gluten free bread ready.

• Visited August 2011