“Good for lunch”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

The pepperoni pizza was great and the service was friendly and nice. Most of the customers were female, family and appeared to be locals and not tourists.
However someone put advocado slices in the pimento cheese sandwich we split.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

This is always a must-stop place when I come to Niagara On the Lake. It’s a casual atmosphere - perfect for lunch or a snack and drink. They have a seasonal peach pizza which is a show stopper. Also enjoyed the grilled cheese.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The Pie Plate is one of my absolute favourite placed in the Niagara Region. The aesthetic of the restaurant is quaint in an old refurbished home offering a small and tasty food menu beside an amazing bakery. I had tried to go the day before as peach season had finally arrived and the peach pie must be their most popular item they serve however it was closed for a staff event (which I support and admire being someone who works in hospitality), so I went back the following day. Although I understand selling out of things happens, i was disappointed to learn they were sold out of the peach pie, as well as the peanut butter cookie which was ordered by a neighbouring table and looked absolutely amazing. Unfortunately they were also out of the cider my sister ordered and the strawberry lemonade ordered by my add and myself. It must be a compliment to the venue as these items must all be so enjoyable and sought after by the locals. Anyway, we proceeded to order the root beer made in house and another cider. To eat, we ordered a peach and ricotta pizza that was indescribably delicious, as well as the fish tacos (which I have had before) and they were tasty as always. We also ordered the roast beef sandwich served with brie, which was not as exciting as the other dishes, still full of flavour and served on a crusty bun. Always an enjoyable experience at The Pie Plate and I will continue to go here hopefully on many more occasions.

Before leaving, we ordered the peach and blueberry pie to take home which we later enjoyed after a home cooked meal. This was the highlight of the restaurant, as it was so packed full of peaches and blueberries, and was the redemption of the original peach pie being sold out. Although with a hefty price tag, no other pie can stand up to the pies being served by The Pie Plate and I look forward to my next one.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Virgil is midway between the Skyway and Niagara on the lake and the Pie Plate is a small place just in the centre of town. It is busy for lunch and we enjoyed a pizza and 2 side salads for lunch. Their baked goods are renowned locally but expensive and made on site from fresh ingredients. Service was good, the pizza special was tasty. Staff were friendly. Our bill with tap water and tip was $37.00.

We had been here a few years ago but prices were much less then.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We always take out seasonal fruit pies from this place for our dessert, picnics and parties. The grape, apple and peach pies are simply divine. A new discovery is the carrot cake. For brunch or light lunch, the quiche and pizza are excellent. I would have given this place a 5 out of 5 if the dining space was larger for big groups. But I think they are trying to keep with the small town ambiance or cafe feel.

Date of visit: June 2018