“Little treasure found in North Bay”
Review of Arugula Fresh

Arugula Fresh
Ranked #14 of 169 Restaurants in North Bay
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have been to North Bay a number of times and we are always on the lookout for a new place to eat. I found a special place last night. We had a beautiful meal in a very nice cosy atmosphere. The service was very good. The waitress brought me the wrong glass of wine, but when I informed her of the mistake she was very apologetc and she came to check on us a few times after. It was great to have a meal made with fresh ingredients. I will definitely recommend Arugula to others.

For those critics that did not enjoy Arugula, I suggest , then when you start travelling, you try some new restaurants. As you compare some of the best, you will be very proud to have Arugula in your city. This is an eating establishment in which time and energy were put in,to present an interesting menu to their clientele.

1  Thank Della B

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Horribly expensive for what you get, terrible service, too cheap to take out a few tables to make room to breath! Stay home and order from Grecos!

1  Thank ivanhoe225
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This new Italian pizzeria in North Bay is fabulous. The massive wood stove is beautiful. We had mussels as a starter that were do fresh and delicious. Great service!

1  Thank LovingLifeMak
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Arugula has been opened for a very short time (month and a bit at the time of this writing)when some of these "bad" reviews have been written. Admittedly, there are some kinks now and then they are still working out but some of these bad reviews are completely unjustified and over the top based on my personal experiences eating there.

As for the reviewer who questioned the food safety and possible food contamination...Ludicrous. Clearly that one is a hatchet job. The food is stored in large refridgerators and has always been FRESH whenever I have eaten there. Being able to see people actually prep your food, I would counter, adds MORE accountability as you can actually see what is going on with your food. It is also part of the atmosphere of eating there.

I find the price point to be quite reasonable. The pizza's are filling and there are some great appetizers. There is also a robust drink selection. The look and feel of the restaurant has a cool and fun vibe to it without being pretentious. The large pizza oven is cool and I always find myself glancing over to watch the cooks making the pizza's.

My favourite appetizer are the mussels. They are done in a tomato sauce and served with some very tasty bread. They are fantastic.

My favourite pizza is the cured meat pizza. A meat lover's dream. My wife really likes the mediteranean that is topped with large fresh bazil leaves.

Recently, I recommended to some out-of-town colleagues from Toronto to eat there this past week. They let me know they were very pleased with their food and experience and would be eating there again next time they are in town for work and recommend other out-of-towners eat there as well when in North Bay for work.

Overall, are there some occassional kinks? Yes, but this is true for any new and even well-establshed restaurants. However, I have enjoyed my three times eating there and think that the prices are reasonable, the food is very tasty, portion sizes are adequeate (my wife and I when we eat there often end up taking two slices each home with us after dinner) and the atmosphere is fun.

'Nuff said.

2  Thank CanadianTyler77
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Place was freezing. Not cold. FREEZING. Bring a sweater. Service was horrific. Waitress did not know if she was coming or going. Wrong food dropped off not once but twice.
We won't be back. We left hungry and went to Grecos for a med deluxe. I should have listened to my gut and the wife.

2  Thank JoeFB