“Amazing stay - thank you!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in North Bay
Ontario
“Amazing stay - thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

I stayed here over Christmas and had a great time. I just needed a place to crash and nothing fancy, but this hotel totally over delivers. First I was able to get a discount at the last minute and checked out a day early, free of charge.

The room was spotlessly clean and the carpet felt new. I put the do not disturb sign on two mornings and was not bothered at all. The other thing I noticed was the shampoo and conditioner bottles. I have long hair and I didn't need to ask for extras! I had enough for three days of hair washing which was a nice bonus.

The only thing I would change is the continental breakfast to include some sort of potatoes or hashbrowns and more fruit. (oranges are in season right now!) At least the cinnamon buns made up for the other things being processed or stale. The pancakes come out of a machine and they don't taste too great... very strange.

If you have any sort of dietary allergies or intolerances, I would definitely bring your own food. There is not much there besides bread, bagels, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and more bread....

That said, I did make use of the tea station a couple of times. They have a wide selection of tea and also serve coffee.

The customer service was top notch. If I travel back to North Bay in the summer, I will be staying here for sure!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Another gem in the Holiday Inn express family.

A little over priced, but then again they are always full, so why not?
I have stayed here a few times now and won't go anywhere else in North Bay.
On one of my stays I checked in and noticed a couple of hours later that there was a chip in the bathroom counter. I reported this. Not for one second did the staff try to imply that I could have done this. That kind of service goes a long way.

Great staff, great rooms, comfortable, bright, you are happy to step in and satisfied when you check out.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Highway if possible
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

We have family in North Bay and have always had a problem if we need to find accommodation while visiting. The hotels are generally poor, with mostly 2 star properties and a lack of understanding of the hospitality business. This hotel, while generic/corporate, does everything right. We had a King suite because we have a baby, and there is a microwave and fridge, and the room was a good size. It was very comfortable, and nicely furnished. The bed was great, and I should also say that finding a King bed in North Bay is not that easy! The soundproofing is also good - our baby cried a lot and we did not get any complaints! I could hear another baby in the next room, but so faintly that the sound did not disturb us.

The location is right off the highway, so not great that way, but the service was excellent and the breakfast good (hot complimentary breakfast).

Highly recommended - not sure there is anything else in NB that compares.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Barrie, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

We always try and stay here whenever we visit my family in North Bay (about 1-2 times a year) and I love it every time. The hotel is new and clean, the rooms are nice, breakfast is good. Our last stay was last weekend and Kandace at the desk gave us a free upgraded room. We'll be back for the next family function, that's for sure!

• Stayed October 2011
Thunder Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great location for travelers. Rooms are large and beds are comfortable. We stayed on our way through from Northern Ontario to Nova Scotia and had a great sleep. Reception was excellent and lots of places to eat nearby

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Carleton Place, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were very affordable and our night stay came with a pretty decent breakfast. This was the second time we stayed here, we had 2 small children and were dropping off our oldest daughter to Nippissing U. I highly recommend this hotel, and will stay again for sure!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Nice hotel; rooms nice; a bit expensive. Very nice breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family