“Great Hotel and Freindly Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Oakville
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and Freindly Staff”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Very nice hotel, the staff were excellent. The rooms were great too. I would recommend you hire a car as to get downtown was about $70 in a taxi. Good value and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NigelJane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Spent a night at this location and I was completely satisfied with everything... The place was very clean, comfortable bed, spacious room, lots of free parking and helpful staff.

The best part was the breakfast, as you can get freshly prepared breakfast by the chef.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't miss the Breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Feb58
Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We arrived at 5:00pm (check in time is at 3:00pm) and the front desk staff had to check if our room was ready. Strike one: there's no reason it should not be ready two hours after check-in time. It was ready.

When we got in our room, we had two "queen" beds (which are really about the size of doubles). We had reserved a King room. We wen't back to the front desk and were told that the hotel was full and they could not give us another room. The staff was apologetic and told us that a manager would contact us inthe next few days.

Once we settled into our room, we discovered that we'd been placed in the middle of a hallway full of a childrens hockey team. Once they started playing hockey and yelling in the hallway, we called the front desk who came up immediately and asked them to stop. When the running and yelling started again, I stepped out into the hallway and asked the parents to keep the noise down and keep their kids in their rooms. One of the mothers proceeded to yell at me and ask how they were supposed to keep 15 kids quiet. I informed her that it was not my problem. My husband called the front desk who came up and moved everyone to a conference room. One of the staff came to our door and apologized,

When we checked out, no one asked how are stay was. They took our money and sent us on our way.

If this was the last hotel in the GTA, I still wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nfp147
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed here withmy family on the weekend of November 25th, and it was the worst experience ever. When checking in I found out that my room was not ready, the front desk person had to go up and check to see if my room was ready. Mind you it was 4 PM and check in is at 3. When we finally got in the room I noticed that my room smelled lik old diapers and they sprayed heavy air freshner to hide the smell. Digusting. The next day I came to the front desk in the evening and spoke to the manager on duty as I had a problem with my shower, he said it would be looked at and nothing was done. When i checked out the person at the front desk just looked at me with this dumb look not even asking me how my stay was. Horrible service, I would ever recommend this hotel to ANYONE. Your better off staying at Fairfield Inn or even if your desperate Country Inn

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Karen W
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed for business 4 days:
+ves: breakfast, front staff, room size and room bed, tv, fridge, clock, fitness equip
-ves: toilet needs 3 flushes, low flow shower heads, burnt out HE lights, out of fitness sanitizing wipes for 3+ days, shower floods bathroom floor even though curtain drawn tight constantly

• Stayed November 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel a few days ago. I needed a room for the day because of work that was taking place in my home. The hotel was clean, front desk was attentive, and they gave me a great rate as well. The bed was extremely comfortable and you can even customize the level of comfort. Overall I felt right at home.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank unbiasedreviewer_9
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Oakville the evening of October 28, 2011. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Checking in and out was a breeze. Our room was clean, well apointed and quite spacious. We enjoyed our brief stay here and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family