“Special dietary needs? This is the place!”
Review of Jac's Bistro

Jac's Bistro
Ranked #3 of 552 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Oh my! What great meals the four of us had last night! We have been here before and it was terrific so we knew we were in for another treat and Jac’s didn’t disappoint. Husbands had an appetizer of lobster in puff pastry with pesto and after a taste, I was sorry I had not also ordered it. Husbands also each had a blackened scallop dish which was delicious, I had the salmon in Dijon sauce ...absolutely perfect and the fourth diner had the chicken.
That diner cannot tolerate anything flavoured with garlic or onion ...two staples in a chef’s kitchen. She called the day before to explain and was told that upon reserving she could request a plain protein and that would be set aside in the kitchen for her. Her chicken was offered with mashed potatoes which she also could not have so she was given extra veggies. Wonderful!! And accommodating in this day and age with so many different dietary needs.
Thank you Jac’s for great food.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Simply the best seafood pasta I have ever had!! Service is excellent, staff is friendly and the food is second to none!!! The Salmon is also a perfect choice for either lunch or dinner, but my very favourite dish has to be the seafood linguine. I order it 4 out of 5 times and it never fails to amaze me how delicious it is!!!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Our party of four all thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Jacs!
We all had some pasta dishes, and a salmon dish ...The peasants pasta which was full of delicious beef tenderloin, mushrooms and a creamy light sauce .( my favourite )
the Chicken capellini in a tasty wine and tomato sauce.
And the Jail island salmon which was amazing!
Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their choice.
The service was very good , prompt and friendly, and the portions were generous.
This is our new go-to lunch spot!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018

I recently (two weeks ago) took my wife and friends to JAC's for my wife's birthday and I thought that the food was good and the service was very good. Then two days ago I took my wife and a good friend to JAC's again for his 93rd Birthday. this time, they did live up to their reputation with with excellent food, very superior service and a small birthday cake thrown in for good measure. The atmosphere was very good, service good and a chat with the Chef and the owner was great so I heartily endorse this place "JAC's Bistro" as a place to have a good meal and a good time.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Rosco P
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Food was awesome - ambiance, service second to none!! Staff smiling and very friendly - nothing was too much trouble!!

Date of visit: July 2018