“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2018

This "Gem" in Oakville did not shine for us when having lunch last week. Having perused the Menu ahead of times we were looking forward to an exciting meal. On the positive side the presentation was excellent and the cheese cake was superb. However, the tomato soup needed a lot of pepper to bring out a flavour, it lacked the smooth creamy consistency. Crispy calamari, was just that crisp, nothing special. Both the Salmon and Beef wraps were dry and the accompanying salad was just "green. The pasta dish was very salty overpowering any flavour there might have been. The service lacked the personal touch with the waiter coming across as very condescending which included not getting the order correct. 3 guests, 1/2 bottle of average priced wine, 3 coffees set us back $200.

1  Thank thecaines

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Overall a great experience. Service was as you'd expect from a fine dining establishment, on-point, no frills and timely. Started with a nice chilled pint of Peroni and I had the flank steak special and was it ever delicious! Wine selections were good and complimented the meal quite well.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Have been several times, and always a great meal. Not your typical fare. Very savoury food and price is reasonable. Service is excellent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Oh my! What great meals the four of us had last night! We have been here before and it was terrific so we knew we were in for another treat and Jac’s didn’t disappoint. Husbands had an appetizer of lobster in puff pastry with pesto and after a taste, I was sorry I had not also ordered it. Husbands also each had a blackened scallop dish which was delicious, I had the salmon in Dijon sauce ...absolutely perfect and the fourth diner had the chicken.
That diner cannot tolerate anything flavoured with garlic or onion ...two staples in a chef’s kitchen. She called the day before to explain and was told that upon reserving she could request a plain protein and that would be set aside in the kitchen for her. Her chicken was offered with mashed potatoes which she also could not have so she was given extra veggies. Wonderful!! And accommodating in this day and age with so many different dietary needs.
Thank you Jac’s for great food.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Simply the best seafood pasta I have ever had!! Service is excellent, staff is friendly and the food is second to none!!! The Salmon is also a perfect choice for either lunch or dinner, but my very favourite dish has to be the seafood linguine. I order it 4 out of 5 times and it never fails to amaze me how delicious it is!!!!

Date of visit: February 2018