“Excellent Lunch Date”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2018

I visited JACs last week with my husband and my sister who was visiting from overseas. It was every bit as good as when I enjoyed dinner there earlier in the summer.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at Jac’s Bistro for the first time and really enjoyed our meal. All the dishes were fresh, delicious and very nicely presented. The decor is lovely, with a warm and inviting ambience. The only negative unfortunately was our particular server. She was disinterested and dismissive to the point we felt uncomfortable. As an example, our wine glasses were taken away without us being asked if we’d like another glass. I actually was planning on having another glass and mentioned it to my friend and the next thing I knew the glasses had been taken away. We laughed it off, however I’ve never had a server remove a glass without first asking if I would like another drink. We had a couple of the other servers bring dishes/bread to the table and they were lovely and friendlier in the brief moments with us than our server was all night. Overall we enjoyed Jac’s Bistro very much and would have definitely given our experience 5/5 had our server been friendly and welcoming.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Bubbles81
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed a lunch special, seafood risotto. The meal was prepared with fresh ingredients. Portion size was decent, and the quality and presentation was excellent. The servers are very welcoming and willing to accommodate any simple menu switches, like switching fettuccine pasta for spaghettini pasta.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

This "Gem" in Oakville did not shine for us when having lunch last week. Having perused the Menu ahead of times we were looking forward to an exciting meal. On the positive side the presentation was excellent and the cheese cake was superb. However, the tomato soup needed a lot of pepper to bring out a flavour, it lacked the smooth creamy consistency. Crispy calamari, was just that crisp, nothing special. Both the Salmon and Beef wraps were dry and the accompanying salad was just "green. The pasta dish was very salty overpowering any flavour there might have been. The service lacked the personal touch with the waiter coming across as very condescending which included not getting the order correct. 3 guests, 1/2 bottle of average priced wine, 3 coffees set us back $200.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank thecaines
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Overall a great experience. Service was as you'd expect from a fine dining establishment, on-point, no frills and timely. Started with a nice chilled pint of Peroni and I had the flank steak special and was it ever delicious! Wine selections were good and complimented the meal quite well.

Date of visit: September 2018