“Great burgers and they have gluten free buns and beer”

The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro
Ranked #73 of 545 Restaurants in Oakville
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Description: The WORKS Gourmet Burger Bistro is a full service, full licensed gourmet burger restaurant. With 8 different patties, 13 different sides, and 4 different bun options, we truly do have something for every guest to enjoy. Join us when you can to experience The World's Best Burgers, ice-cold beer, 100% Canadian hand-scooped shakes, and an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

What a treat, right downtown Oakville. The Works have "Great" burgers with over 60 burger topping choices, for the hot spices, bacon, and veggie lover etc. they also sell poutines "bucket" size. If the wife or spouse only eats salads, then she/he will have enough choices to be pleased as well.
For us with gluten allergies, celiacs they have gluten free hamburger buns and Daura Damm gluten free beer.
I recommend the Blues Burger!
Cheers, Magnus

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

It was Friday and a beautiful sunny day. Our two grandchildren had a PD day and were spending the day with us.
The Works in oakville was our choice for lunch. Unfortunately our experience was not what we were hoping for. The service was extremely slow. Took the four of us 40 minutes to get our order. Half way through the wait the children got their burgers but while we got an apology for a mixup with our order which arrived 20-25 minutes later. The bunless burgers were undercooked and the condiments soggy. Will not try the Works again. Definitely not recommended.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Excellent burgers, and its so much fun making your own choices for that. All the food, sides were amazing. Enjoyed our dinner thoroughly

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Nice staff, sloppy burger great idea for a family themed restaurant but they're missing the point.
The staff was nice and accommodating, nothing wrong there but you'd expect that when you pay 15-20 a burger.

Lots of options for the burger which could be a good or bad thing, for me it was a bad thing. I ordered the RING OF FIRE burger and it was great the first bite. Then you bite again and the juice from the sauce comes pouring out like water(please view picture). For what ever reason I couldn't eat anymore, also the peppers weren't even fresh, they were pickled. I was with my brother in law and the funny comment he made is "this place belongs in America", just greasy and unhealthy which brings me to my next point.

So they say family restaurant(no wifi, no tv's) great idea I love it. But how do you promote family when your shakes are up to 1600 calories and you a chubby little kid in the corner, down 2 of them. When your burgers are up to 2000 calories, your poutine over 1000 calories. For a child or even yourself that's over 4000 calories in one sitting. Disgusting! Great job on promoting family values, as we all can pass away at an early age.

Overrated bro. Great way to kill the health care though.

OakvilleManager, Manager at The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, and we are so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Our menu is actually designed for guests to be as healthy as they would like to be, including offering many healthy patty, bun and side options. In fact, our gravy options have less calories than many of our competitors because we use vegan gravy. We do have guests that like to indulge as well, so we have higher calories options. We aim to have options for everyone who joins us.
We would love for you to join us again to try some of more healthy options. If you can please email us oakville@worksburger.com we can make arrangements for you to join us again.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

I visited the Works Buger with my husband and daughter , I ordered the chicken burger while my husband and daughter ordered the beef burger , both kinds of burgers where cooked to perfection , our server Nadia did a great job serving us and made sure our meals were as we desired (Thank you Nadia) . The restaurant is nice and clean