“Arrogant owners and staff”

Taste of Colombia Fair Trade Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Oakville
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: "TASTE OF COLOMBIA" Fair Trade Coffee & Gift Shop has been created to be the first store for Fair Trade Colombia - our parent organization. It is the first green and fair trade coffee & gift shop operating in Oakville, Ontario (Canada) offering a wide array of Fair Trade Coffees, Teas, Colombian Snacks and Fair Trade products in a fun and lively environment! TASTE OF COLOMBIA wants you to taste the best of Colombia through its food, music and products!
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Last Saturday we visited this place, the standards were not up to the pair so I wrote an email to the owners, enclosed below. Since then I learned that the staff is arrogant because the owners are arrogant too. Everything starts from the top. The purpose of the email was to let those two ladies that I wasn't happy and how the staff treats their customers at weekends. I just wanted the owners to acknowledge my email and let me know the outcome of their enquiry. I guess those two ladies deep down dont care about their customers and moreover they do not care for feedback or to improve. Here is my email below:
Dear Madams,

I like coming to your coffee shop because you serve the latte exactly how I like with a glass of water on the side. This reminds me of my European roots.

The point that I notice before is your standards vary very much on weekends when my husband and I come there. This Saturday tipped me over, as usual I was with my husband we ordered the late and the cappuccino. Both came without the water?. I sipped my latte and it didn't taste the usual quality that I am so used to from you guys. When I went to complaint to the barista he started to lecture me about the latte and how it supposed to taste!? He then said sorry and that was it. I pointed out that the standards of the latte were not what I am used to but he sticked to his story what the latte is and how it should taste. On top of that he informed me that he was the barista and wouldn't do anything about it. Shocking!

What kind of customer service skills are those? Doesn't he realise that people like me pay his wages and he is there to serve his customers and if one of us is not happy to try to correct the mistake. It was like talking to the brick wall. He just didn't want to take any responsibility for his mistake. He spoiled my treat for today.

Oh and another thing couple ladies came after us and their coffees were served with the glasses of water. This left me with the following questions:
-My money is not good enough for your guys.
-The lady behind the bar didn't like my face or the face of my husband.
- In this day and age who discriminates customers like that?!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Enna

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We discovered this place by accident even though it is around the corner from our friend's business. In fact, I had just wanted to see the new gelato place. However, the Taste of Columbia was very inviting. You can get the usual selection of coffees, which are quite acceptable. However, the wheat-free pumpkin muffin was outstanding, and the I like pies onion cheese scone was also pretty good too.

It is the atmosphere of this place that really ales it worthwhile. It is a local place; people come in and seem to know each other. We were quite happy to linger. The cafe also offers a lot of classes - yoga, salsa, Nia to name a few - and a few speaker series. How can you do yoga in a cafe? They provide the space. When you finish your coffee and muffin, you are right on e water, which makes for a very pleasant walk.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

A very friendly, relaxing venue offering excellent coffee. Just off the quay and a good spot to break from a walk around the waterfront.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

As you would expect the coffee is really good. Excellent food selections too. Nice ambience inside very friendly staff.

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Went were going through the area and quickly googled a place to stop for coffee. We found Taste of Colombia and we were warmly greeted. Service was quick and the espresso was excellent. Glad we found this.