“Good Vegetarian Indian food”

A1 Sweets & Restaurants
Ranked #99 of 497 Restaurants in Oakville
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Good Vegetarian Indian food. Been eating here for some years now. I always get take out. It does get busy and is best to call and order before going in especially if you ordering samosas, bread or anything else along that line.
Food is always good but at times it gets salty. Wish they would use less salt.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

This place is all vegetarian. No mixing with meat business. Truly veggie. Great variety for lunch buffet. Wow! Loved it. Not too spicy either like hot hot. I would go here any day. Customer service was good for a Indian desi place. Cleanliness was good. Washroom clean. Tasty good food. This is all I ask.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Value for money and tasty. I love the Chole (peas) masala and naans. Would suggest you call before you do a takeout. I love this little Indian restaurant tucked away in the heart of Oakville.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

My girlfriend and I purchased food and drink from this place a couple of days ago at my suggestion. The last time I visited this place was 3 years ago...so I suspect that there has been a change in business ownership, philosophy, or both in this intervening period. I wish I had not suggested this place. Half way through making an order for two thali combos I noticed a posted sign that stated that thali orders were for takeout only. As I was making the order I did not sincerely believe that eating inside their dining area would pose a problem as I trusted that human compassion and reason would prevail in the end. As I was soon to find out, my trust and belief in positive human nature was sorely misplaced in regards to the ownership and staff at this place.
After we had received our order, I politely asked if my girlfriend and I would be allowed to eat in their dining area. The answer to my inquiry was no. I responded by politely informing them that in business, rules need to be flexible as dictated by the situations and the people involved, and would they please reconsider. They were not willing to back down from their rule. In response, I informed them that I would not be purchasing anything from them in the future. This knowledge didn't seem to bother them at all. In fact, I now believe that they don't really care about their customers--it's only about the money. This situation is unfortunate because my girlfriend and I are from out of town...not from Oakville at all...so we had no warm place to eat our takeout on a cold winter's night. And while I respect the fact that they have rules and recognize my own responsibility in this situation, the fact is that we had to eat in my car on a cold winter's night which was not nice at all. Really, their thali rule is about money. A thali combo costs $8.99 and is considered worthy of only being takeout, while a more expensive buffet meal costs $11.99 per person which allows you to eat inside their dining area. Why not just allow ALL of your customers ALL of the time to use your dining area? You CANNOT impose rules that convey first class and second class customers in this country, you just can't. But I guess it was worth annoying me and providing me with a lousy customer service experience just for the sake of imposing your rules? In business, ALL customers must feel that their orders are equally valuable to you. Please change your rules or more customers like me will go elsewhere. There are MANY competitors out there in regards to Indian food and drink. And if you don't change your rules, the marketplace will take care of you, be sure of that!

3  Thank HikerDude999
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

We visited this restaurant several times for typical Indian food during my trip from the UK.

The 4 P's of Marketing were all evident:

P= Product, Simply succulent!
P= Pricing, Competitively priced
P= Placement, Well located
P= People, Prompt service with a smile!

Highly recommended!