“Nice Night Out”

Jonathan's Of Oakville
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Of Oakville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 545 Restaurants in Oakville
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lakeshore/Trafalgar
Transit: Five minute Taxi ride from Oakville GO & Via Rail Train station.
Reviewed September 24, 2018

My wife and I decided to go to Jonathan’s this past Saturday. I booked a relatively late reservation but they were able to accommodate. Reception was friendly and professional. The table we were given was good, especially in light of the late reservation and not being a regular. I am not sure there is a bad location in the restaurant. The food itself was very good, deserving of the fine dining label. We both had the scallop appetizers; it was yummy, with lots of flavor. For our main meals my wife had the salmon, she loved it, and I had the lamb, which was also very good. Atmosphere was great, very lively. If there was one complaint, I sense they had over-booked, i.e. the bistro portion of the restaurant had a large group. This really only manifested itself at dessert time, when it took about 25 minutes from ordering to get the dessert, our server did apologize. Our server was professional, pleasant disposition although at times seemed a little rushed. He seemed to have some overall oversite responsibilities as well, which on such a busy night takes its toll. Despite the minor complaint, we thoroughly enjoyed the evening and we plan to return.

1  Thank 804malpeque

Reviewed August 7, 2018

First time we tried Jonathan's for Mothers Day. There was a prix fixe menu with several choices for appetizers, main course and desert. Cured pork rillette was excellent, baby spinach and frisee salad was very good, shellfish crape was very good, fried cornish hen was excellent. Four layer chocolate vanilla cake was good and the lemon euro flan was perfectly tart.They had tasty burgers and chicken fingers for kids. It was an excellent brunch at a reasonable price and we will be back next year!

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Last minute decision for a Saturday evening dinner.Just the two of us.

J Bistro did not disappoint.

We were lucky to score a last minute table .

I had the very delicious Foie gras terrine.

Partner had Korean style fried calamari.

Beautifully presented and lovely spicy sauce but a little tough.

I then had my usual lobster and brie souffle which needed a little more salt but was still delicious.

Partner had the braised pork cheek which was really really excellent.

Service was gracious and prompt.

This is a restaurant that truly values and knows its' customers and is dedicated to giving them the best possible dining experience.

It is a true pleasure to eat here.

1  Thank Rebfoodie
Reviewed April 8, 2018

The patriarch of our family had a significant birthday recently, and to celebrate the occasion he selected Jonathons to host a family luncheon. He booked one of the private dining rooms and chose the one on the main floor which was the perfect size for our family of 11. The room itself is attractive and light filled with large windows making it very bright and pleasant to be in - with the added feature of enjoying a "gathering" area away from the large dining room table where we were able to sit and enjoy pre luncheon cocktails.

The dining table was a perfect size for our group. We had pre selected a menu consisting of three choices of appetizer, entree and dessert along with a children's menu for the younger members of our family.

Without exception the food was superb! The salads were fresh, beautifully presented and extremely tasty - particularly the goat cheese salad. Over half the group choose steak for their entree and it was prepared perfectly to the individual's personalized choice. Both appetizers and entrees were generous portions too. The wait staff were extremely professional, discrete and very accommodating. They were able to "time" each course perfectly so the luncheon was neither rushed nor extended. As the adults lingered over coffee and the delicious desserts, the younger members had the convenience of moving away from the table and socializing back in the sitting area.

I cannot compliment this restaurant highly enough for the care, attention to detail and the excellence and presentation of the meals they served to compliment our family celebration. Everybody's choice was cooked to perfection. It really was the most pleasurable fine dining experience we could have hoped for when choosing to celebrate such a significant family occasion. Thank you to the staff, management and owner of Jonathons.

1  Thank Pauline4083
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

I had the chance to come to Jonathan‘s for a private dinner in one other larger upstairs dining rooms. The staff was very accommodating, and the food was just out right spectacular! I the warm goat cheese salad and the bison ribeye with crabmeat and hollandaise sauce. Both were incredibly exceptional, and perhaps to the finest dishes I’ve had all year. I finished with the bourbon and maple crème brûlée. Again, simply outstanding. Given the opportunity, I would come here again and again.