“Old school steakhouse without "old" feel”

Oliver's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliver's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 518 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018

My husband and I came here for dinner and immediately our experiences from traditional steakhouses of Toronto came flooding back: visual platters of meat cuts & dessert carts. However, the dark-light room and poor decor was absent. Instead, modern walls and lighting provided a nice atmosphere to enjoy our meal. While the service wasn't as amazing as old school waiters provide, it was acceptable. My fish of the day entree, was served piping hot to my delight! The decaf cappuccino was disappointing for a restaurant of this caliber. Nonetheless, we'd come back to see if things would be better.

inquiry131, Owner at Oliver's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words.
We will work on our cappuccino.
I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

My family had a private dinner here. I was very impressed with the food and service. They offer three set "party" menus. We chose the middle and was excellent both in terms of quality and quantity. I recommend strongly.

inquiry131, Owner at Oliver's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words.
I’m looking forward serving your family again.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

This is not your typical pretentious fine dining restaurant. The food here is excellent and the portions are descent.

I had the Bison and my Wife had the Livers. Superb.

Starters were the Escargot and octopus I wish I knew how they did it. It’s excellent.

Service was just good.

Will return for sure.

Thank you for dining with us, and thank you for your review.
I hope to see you at Oliver’s again very soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is fabulous. The owner and staff are incredible. You needn’t drive in to Toronto as this is Oakville’s finest. The food is wonderful every bite is amazing. This is great for any occasion.

inquiry131, Owner at Oliver's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

This time, we were with a group of 30 (mostly couples), celebrating Christmas of our dinner group.
We were accommodated in the special separate and therefore private back room.
We basically used for this evening party menu two, slightly amended to accommodate the taste of all of us.
Everything was perfect, especially the steaks and rack of lamb, while also the special fish - branzino (European sea bass) was excellent.
Couple this with a great and very friendly service, and a great dinner was had by all.
Part of the restaurant is wheelchair accessible. reservations are recommended. Parking can be restricted in the Main Street. Lakeshore Road), however with some patience a good spot can be found nearby in one of the side streets

inquiry131, Owner at Oliver's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you very much for having your Christmas Party at Olivers.
I’m very happy everybody in your group enjoyed the evening.
It was a pleasure serving you and your guests.
See you soon.