“Not a bad option”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 552 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chop Burloak is Oakville and Burlington's newest steakhouse. Featuring great steak and seafood menus, an expansive wine list and delicious desserts.
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We were here primarily because we could walk here easily from our hotel. Nice atmosphere and attentive wait staff. I ordered one of the appetizers as my meal. It wasn’t quite what I expected and I didn’t love it. That was obvious when someone came to clear plates, she asked and I responded with it was ok but I wouldn’t make that choice again and left it at that. They were nice enough to remove that item from our bill which was completely unexpected and unnecessary but a nice gesture. If in the area again I would try it again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Michael M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Knmarsh,

Thank you for the 4 star review and for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on the way our staff take care of our guests and I’m happy to hear that a Manager handled things the way you described.

Definitely let us know when you are in the area again so we can welcome you back.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Our waiter went out of his way to make us feel welcome. He even brewed unsweetened iced tea for me when I asked for some and was told they only offer sweet tea. The food was wonderful. My husband ordered the prime rib and it was melt in your mouth delicious. We can't wait for our next visit.

Date of visit: June 2018
Michael M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hi Connie293,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate the feedback and I'm thrilled to hear my service team went above and beyond for you. We also look forward to your next visit.

Kindest Regards,

Mike

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Chop is attached to the Sandman Hotel, so we chose it when we stayed there. Turned out to be a good choice. Fare is traditional steakhouse, meat aged 35 days, cooked at high temp to your liking. Dinner wasn’t quite comparable The Palm, or Ruth Christ’s, for instance, but still very high quality, and somewhat cheaper than those places. Good compromise. Mixed drinks were done well, also. Two atmospheres to choose from. Traditional dining room, quiet and dimly lit, or the lounge/bar, louder, with pulsating bass driven music pumped in, and TVs on the walls. Same menu in both rooms. We were happy with our dinner, and with the service. We would return. Thumbs up for Chophouse.

Date of visit: June 2018

Hi tvdon,

Just wanted to say thank you for the review. I look forward to having you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Came here for a birthday celebration and had a great time. Our waitress was great and made the experience that much more enjoyable. The roast beef and steaks were great. Definitely recommend the bone in rib eye, very flavourful. I had the onion soup to start and found it very good too, great broth, lots of onions and good cheese. Definitely be back for more!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Hi CDNTerry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re happy you had a great overall experience at CHOP and look forward to having you back.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Tuna appetizer was great - could actually split this one for 2 people. The wedge salad was also large. The top sirloin steak was only 5 oz so when it came, with the sides, it looked pretty small. I had the petit filet (6 oz). The 8 oz was $6 more and a good option. It was cooked perfectly. Nice selection of sides to choose from that come with the dinners. Some great fish options. Great service from Julia. Each table was given a lovely organic herb in a pot.
Check out their website if you have allergies. They have an 'Allergen Guide" listing some of the ingredients in their dishes for the common things like eggs, fish, tree nuts, gluten.

Date of visit: May 2018
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Hi Madebes,

Thanks for your thorough review! We hope to see you back again.