“Excellent ”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Met up with my friend for lunch. Lately I have been craving Greek Food so we thought we would try Colossus. We were seated right away and allowed to sit anywhere. Menus were given quickly and drink order taken. The way I was seated I didn't get a good look at the restaurant but it was tastefully decorated and had that upscale feel to it. Where the restaurant is located on Lakeshore Drive is definitely a well off neighborhood filled with boutiques and cafes and restaurants. You can almost smell the wealth. My friend and I both had the Chicken souvlaki which included rice, potatoes and Greek salad. The meal was delicious and filling. We started off with hummus and pita which was also very satisfying . Food and service was very good and I can see why Colossus is rated so high.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

I went there with 5 other friends as we had such a great experience at the Mississauga location. We were very happy to be out and together again and the waitstaff's annoyed demeanor set an unpleasant mood.
The food was okay but not really something you couldn't get at a Souvlaki Hut and cost a lot more. One friend asked for more Tzatski sauce and was charged $1.50 for a tiny bit more. We had to deal with fruit flies all throughout our meal.
It was a sad experience all in all.

1  Thank Vangoes
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We didn't have reservation, but the owner was nice enough to arrange something for us in less than half an hour.
Very nice place, clean and tidy. Decorations reflects the true Greek culture, service is extremely friendly, overall rating for food is about 8 out of 10, some dishes were 100% others were not so, my brother had the banana split for desert and said it was very delicious, but i didn't try it myself. Definitely will go back.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We made reservations online. The restaurant was packed on Saturday night. The decor reminds me of being on a Greek Island. The tables are close together. We couldn't eat outside because it was raining. We ordered a bottle of Thalia Sauvignon Blanc & mineral water. The wine was very tasty.

We ordered Saganaki , which is fried sheep cheese. The waitress set fire to the cheese which is a Greek tradition. It is very tasty with pita bread.

We also had the Kalamari which is fried squid. It was lightly beaded.

We ordered the Lamb Souvlaki which comes with rice, oven roasted potatoes, salad & tzatziki. The portions are large.

We also had the Moussaka which was very hot.

We had he baklava with ice cream for dessert.

Service was very friendly & efficient.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

We've been coming here for years, even though there are closer Greek restaurants. Always delicious, always good service, always busy! Excellent quality food, very tasty. Nice atmosphere. Its the yardstick by which we measure other Greek restaurants. None we've tried are as good. (there's one rated #1 restaurant in Burlington-doesn't hold a candle to Collosus)