“Food good but friendly service made the experience memorable!!”

Colossus Greek Taverna
Ranked #37 of 544 Restaurants in Oakville
Price range: US$26 - US$105
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Out with dinner with good friends and wanted to do Greek with our pending trip to the land of the mythic gods! Had several appetizers and Greek paella which was satisfying. What put our experience over the top was our service from Tania, who also the assistant manager. Took time to make recommendations including gluten free, and friendly and attentive. Also included a couple of after dinner shots which very much appreciated.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Food is delicious. Menu has tons to choose from and you can taste the fresh ingredients! Great atmosphere and very lovely wait staff!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Amazing Spanakoropita and dolmades!!!
Fabulous imported beer sets the mood for a top
Greek fest! Sit outside and watch the world go by.
Good variety and choice with traditional Greek classics - pita, fried haloumi, lamb to die for!!!!

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited the Lakeshore Colossus years ago, so we were interested in comparing it to the Oakville location.

The Oakville interior is cosy and I prefer it to Lakeshore.

Servers were prompt, professional, and pleasant.

$11 loukaniko appetizer platter...delicious and generous.

$15 fried calamari...hot, fresh, tender, and crisp...just like it's supposed to be.

We will bring the family next time.

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

We went here about 4 years ago and couldn’t believe we would be charged for pita. How were we going to eat the dip? Food was good but never went back until this weekend. Big mistake. They’re still charging $1 for pita so you can eat your dips! Nice menu choices - but food is extremely bland. I think they forgot the dressing on my salad but I’ve learned not to complain about things only to be told I’m the ONLY one to say anything. Two of us had the lamb skewer - 4 tiny pieces with salad/potatoes (didn’t want rice) my lamb was way overdone for requesting medium and two others had the chicken skewers - my husband said absolutely no flavour to the rice whatsoever. Our friends think this place is great and so must everyone else because the place was packed on Saturday night. We won’t be back - I’ll make my own Greek dishes! We wanted to have a coffee and catch up but it was so noisy and hot we went to Starbucks which is right next door!