“Good authentic Japanese Cuisine”

Mye 2 Japanese Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #123 of 493 Restaurants in Oakville
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

Mye 2 is the second location of the original, Mye. Serving Japanese cuisine it is located in the plaza within the corner of Trafalgar and Dundas St E. in Oakville. Nice atmosphere and good quality Japanese food at reasonable prices. Reservations can be conveniently made via their website that uses third party service, yelp. Their sushi is always nicely made and presented well. Their sashimi features nice cuts of what is available here in Southern Ontario. Also presented quite nicely.

We also enjoyed their oysters. They had a nice selection of malpeque oysters. Fresh and lightly seasoned, nothing overpowering.

While it is not difficult to find Japanese cuisine in Southern Ontario, it is difficult to find good quality. Mye2 is excellent! I highly recommend Mye 2 for anyone looking for good quality, authentic Japanese cuisine. I will also need to try the original, Mye located further south along Trafalgar. But Mye 2 is closer for us and their food is great.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank touchaku
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed October 1, 2018

We had a big group lunch (10 adults) on a Saturday here. The food was very delicious, fresh ingredients cooked to perfection - not heavily seasoned so we could taste the goodness of fresh cuisine. We are not big fans of raw fish sushi so I can’t give any opinions on those entrees (sorry). I had ginger pork that came with miso soup, brown rice and blanched veggies with dipping sauce on side. Among the 10 of us, we shared veggie tempuras, chicken cutlets, Yakini, teriyaki chicken (came as full chicken breast instead of the sliced express version), oysters, shrimp tempura, some tuna sushi rolls I think...Our guests didn’t elaborate on their orders but not a thing left on the plates by the time we finished, so must be good! The service was friendly but a bit slow. Some of our drink orders got mixed up as well. It wasn’t that busy but our server seemed to be overwhelmed and kept us waiting for a very long time, hence 4 stars. Will definitely go again

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

3 of us went to Mye 2 to celebrate a birthday lunch. $114 later we were stuffed, with excellent food and great service. We enjoyed the following: spicy tuna and salmon rolls (could stand to be a little spicier) Yakitori appetizer (delicious) oyster 6pcs special (fresh), Pork belly Ramen - light size (it was the usual for ramen), Yakini ( Angus Reserve ribeye, sliced and char-broiled with our house grilling sauce. Served with blanched seasonal vegetables, was delicious), green dragon roll (fresh and delicious). We thoroughly enjoy our food at Mye 2 and would highly recommend it.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2018

I have eaten at Mye restaurant many times and it is fantastic, Mye 2 is terrible. Where to start, the restaurant is set up like a cafeteria style restaurant and has no atmosphere. The food is okay but is nowhere near the quality of Mye. There is no presentation to speak of.

The worse part is the service. We held a company diner with out of town guests last week and the service was absolutely terrible. We waited at least 15 minutes until someone took a drink order. Waited another 15 minutes minutes until someone took an appetizer order. The make matters worse the servers never cleared any plates or glasses during the meal. We had to either ask for someone to remove the clutter or we had to put it on the table beside us.

It is a good restaurant if you are looking for a cheap meal and don't worry about quality of service.

A repeat visit will not be in the cards.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2018

I have been to many Japanese restaurants in my time. Mye 2 is high on my list. The key factor is the freshness of the ingredients, especially the quality of the fish.

I have been to Mye but this location has more parking, is less formal and offers Ramen. I find it is good for families and groups. Reservations are only really recommended if you are going Friday or Saturday in the evening.

I acknowledge the earlier reviews about the service. I have been many times and have found occasions where it takes longer to place orders or receive food/drinks. While sometimes frustrating I do believe the quality of the food is superior to anywhere in the Oakville/Burlington area and it is a destination for my family.

Date of visit: April 2018