“Lunch”
Review of Zara's by the Lake

Zara's by the Lake
Ranked #89 of 495 Restaurants in Oakville
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We went here for a quick lunch. Had excellent service and the food was good. The lunch specials are reasonably priced and there was ample food

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were aiming for another restaurant when we saw Zara's by the Lake this past Saturday and decided to try it as we love falafel and other middle eastern delicacies. It has been several years since we have found a great middle eastern restaurant (read falafel joint) in the Toronto area and were not holding our breath.

Zara's was not only more than we hoped for, it is excellent. The owners is concerned about every client and was constantly checking to assure that we enjoyed the meal, and also that we had everything that we could want/

We tried the normal suspects:
falafel balls,
humous,
tahini,
baba ganoush,
taboulah salad,
fatoush salad

and they were all excellent.

We have found a new falafel joint!

ATB

LIG

Reviewed 5 August 2017

A friend of mine kept raving about how good the food was here but I always resisted going as the the restaurant didn't look like it from the outside. I finally gave in and boy am I glad. Best falafel I've ever had. Truly homemade...everything is homemade. Tabbouleh was excellent and homemade. My friend's shwarma was great. I've been back a few times already. Staff is always friendly. A true hidden gem with homemade, delicious food.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This establishment has been in Bronte Village in Oakville for many years, first as a Montfort's and now as Zara's. Instead of the usual over cooked fare that has been sitting in a steamer for hours (like at the afforementioned franchise) the food at Zara's is cooked from scratch to order. All the sauces are home made, fresh and flavourful.Even the hummus is made right on the premises with a passion for flavour and only the best ingredients. But make no mistake, this is casual dining! so much so that some of the regulars have been known to arrive for lunch and stay until dinner. The owner is Mel, and he is a warm and lovely man. The atmosphere is very much like dropping in on your best buddy, who is delighted to see you, and chats with you while he makes your meal. As a vegetarian myself I really enjoyed the falafel pita Mel made for me and a hot bowl of hearty lentil soup. My companion had the same and loved it. Though small and nothing special as far as decor, we enjoyed the food and the friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Need to be improved,food is not really Mediterranean,a lot of potatoes and we had to fish the Shawrma ,staff was gentle