“Great Experience!”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

A fabulous experience overall. I travel for business on a regular basis and was pleasantly surprised at the feeling I got from this hotel. When I checked in the attendant was friendly and informative, answered my questions with ease and gave very helpful directions to and from the locations I needed to get to. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The selection of food in the retsuarant was great and again the staff were wonderful. My bill was under my door when I woke up in the morning which was a bonus as I needed to be out quickly in the morning. I would definitely stay at the Quality Hotel again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
gm_cn971, General Manager at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you for the kind review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York , NY
Reviewed 9 January 2012

In mid December I stayed at the Quality Suites in Oshawa for two nights. I arrived at night with colleagues in the pouring rain and felt immediatey welcome. The staff was great at check in, and room was perfect. Our meetings were the next day at the hotel -thankfully, as it had not stopped raining. The food for our meeting was great, the setup flawless, and the chef created a dinner for our group that I cannot even describe. I would gladly stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
gm_cn971, Manager at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you for the kind review!
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Pool, hot tub and sauna were the highlight of the stay. Very clean and refreashing.
Breakfast buffet was better than expected, it was always well stocked and very fresh well worth the fee.
Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and quiet. Climate control system was quiet. Shower water pressure and temperature were nice.

Only hint of complaints were the smell of tobacco smoke in the rooms hallway, which was not detected in the smoke free room, and the quality of the although very clean towels handed out in the pool area.

We experienced a great stay, and for the price our expectations were exceeded.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors to avoid noise from the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank James D
Thank you for the kind review. We work hard to ensure that our guests receive a clean room as well as all common areas . We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Great Service Great Food Great Meeting Great Fitness Facitlity

Room Tip: Rooms in the tall building have balconies
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay with us.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This was by far the best hotel I have every stayed in. From the moment I arrived I was greeted and treated very generously by the staff. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. They ensured that I was well informed of the area and what the hotel had to offer. In addition, the rooms were fantastic and this is the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in. Not only did the house keeping staff do a great job keeping the room clean but they also took the time to arrange everything in the room to its perfect order. I cannot believe how much effort is put into maintaining this hotel. Everything was perfect and noting was out of order.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for the great review.
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2011

My family and I have stayed at this hotel a few times very recently and have consistently experienced a warm and welcoming stay. If we had a question or concern about anything, the staff was quick to talk with us and take any action if necessary. Everything was to our liking ! Thanks so much.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for the very kind review. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The toilet kept running the entire night, and it was loud - sounded like someone was flushing it every 5 minutes.

When I checked out, the front desk would not provide a bill because I had booked online. I was told I would receive a copy via e-mail, but I never received one. I needed a copy of the bill for my expense report, so I called the hotel but no one would answer. I tried 3 times and the phone just kept ringing (I didn't eve have the option to leave a message). I finally got through to the Guest Service Manager's line but had to leave a message. It took him all day to return my call, and he basically passed the buck and denied all responsibility. He kept saying I needed to go through some third party booking service in order to retrieve my bill. When I brought up the toilet incident, he basically chastised me for not bringing it to the attention of hotel staff right away.

Instead of acknowledging that the hotel has poor communication and service, the Manager just kept trying to place the burden on me. I finally just hung up on him out of frustration, as I did not have time to deal with a belligerant idiot with zero interpersonal skills.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rexy75
Sales99, Director of Sales at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am sorry that your whole stay was marred by the inability for us to give you a copy of the bill. Unfortunately when you book through a third party site we are unable to give you a copy of the receipt here at the hotel. The third party site is responsible for collecting your funds and issuing a receipt to you, they in turn pay us. When you booked your room you should have been given a confirmation document confirming your rate, dates etc. There should also be contact information on that document for you.
Regarding your toilet not working properly I do apologize for that. We were unaware of the problem. Thank you for letting us know.

Travellers are raving about these Oshawa hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Durham Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!