“Great Business Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Business Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I love staying at this location amazing staff, great service, nice workout facility! Anytime I trave to this region I always stay at this hotel, easy acess to highway, always clean and great breakfast choices!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dana H
gm_cn971, General Manager at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words! We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is the first time we stayed at the hotel and I can only say what a wonderful time we had. The staff was both friendly and professional. I will recommend this hotel to my family and friends when they are in the area visiting.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed over night with my kids and was pleased with the cheery reception. The front desk clerk helped us with several tourist type questions in a friendly and knowledgeable manner. Grabbed a bite in the lounge and the friendly service continued. Prompt and friendly service at breakfast as well. The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_cn971, General Manager at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank You for the kind review.
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We just stayed here and and a great visit. For a 3 star hotel you couldn't expect more. The front desk was helpful, the room was clean and the breakfast in the restaurant was good. The added bonus in the room was the fridge.
We didn't have time to use the pool, but there were some kids enjoying it.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank You! For the nice comments.
Bowmanville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My partner and I chose to stay here because of their advertised heated pool, location and our dog. Upon arriving we informed the staff that we had a dog staying with us as well as requesting a queen size bed. We were informed that we could only have a room on the first floor because of the dog but they only had doubles. We insisted on having a queen because my boyfriend is a large man. We were then told we could have the room for special needs which had a queen. It was not a queen and when we informed the front desk of this they insisted that it was. Oh well. Our room was clean, quiet, comfortable and with sliding doors. This made trips outside for our dog very easy. The hotel is beside a farm field and has plenty of park like area surrounding it for our dog to run around and have all sorts of fun.

We decided to have a swim in the nice indoor pool and found that it was cold. I had confirmed at check in that the pool was heated and was told that it was. The pool area attendant informed me that it normally was heated but that there was something not working with it. Warmed up in the large cedar sauna and then decided to jump into their hot tub. Wow, did we get a jolt when trying to enter it. It was so hot that the skin on my boyfriends legs up to his shins turned like a lobster within a minute of trying to adjust to the heat. We couldn't do it. Thought that maybe we needed to get hotter in the sauna. No, that didn't work either. We were told it was at 104. Apparently that's on the high end of normal settings, but we were not the first nor the last to say it was too hot. The attendant was nice enough to put a hose into it and add cold water. The restaurant was pleasant with a good selection and very tasty morning, noon and night with friendly staff.

Room Tip: We had a dog and were told that we could only have a room on the first floor, asked for a queen size...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannette M
gm_cn971, General Manager at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for your comments.
I do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about how we are doing. I have since double checked the pool and hot tub temperatures, making sure they are at a comfortable temperature for our guests. It is also our intention to give all our guests the best service at all times, and we are sincerely sorry for your any inconvience during your stay.
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a night away from the kids at the Quality hotel in Oshawa. Knowledgeable staff pointed us in the right direction in terms of local attractions and restaurants. Enjoyed access to pool and fitness centre and would have no problem staying again and recommending to friends.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_cn971, General Manager at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank You for the kind review.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

A fabulous experience overall. I travel for business on a regular basis and was pleasantly surprised at the feeling I got from this hotel. When I checked in the attendant was friendly and informative, answered my questions with ease and gave very helpful directions to and from the locations I needed to get to. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The selection of food in the retsuarant was great and again the staff were wonderful. My bill was under my door when I woke up in the morning which was a bonus as I needed to be out quickly in the morning. I would definitely stay at the Quality Hotel again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_cn971, General Manager at Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you for the kind review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to Durham Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!