“Good place to bring a family”

Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good place to bring a family”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed and the Travelodge and were very happy with our choice. It was very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. We chose this motel because they aloud our large dog, and they have a pool and hot tub. I must say we really enjoyed the pool area. It is a bit of an odd pool but we really enjoyed it. In fact we went and picked up our neice and nephew and brought them over to play in the pool. THey have a good breakfast available at no charge was is nice. I would stay here for either short or long term.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Badb88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We chose this hotel for their heated pool and the fact that dogs can stay. The room was nicely decorated and fairly modern with a very comfortable bed and sliding doors for easy access to the outside for our dog.
The hot tub was the perfect temperature and allowed for easy viewing of the pool area. I decided to take my niece (6) and nephew (8) to the pool for an hour and they loved it. The pool is not very large but large enough for children to have a great time in it without a worry about a deep end. Large steps going into a shallow end with a gradual lean to the deep, being about 4 feet. There were several children playing and this allowed for a whole hour of entertainment and wear-out-time. My brother was happy when I dropped them off. I then found out that this location offers children's pool parties and could see why.
In the morning we strolled down to the breakfast area and enjoyed freshly made waffles and a decent selection for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Thank you for the use of your party room and for putting up the happl birthday sign for us. My grandson age 7 now had such a lovely time and we were quite please at how quickly you cleaned up after us. I do so love this location and hope I will have the chance to use your hotel again. Thank you for your smiles and friendly attitudes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Port Colborne, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I got a 15% off rate by booking my room through the hotel's main website. For $55 my husband and I stayed in a wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower (as requested) and had an awesome sleep -- the bed was nice and comfy and roomy enough for my husband to move around a lot. The roll-in shower was the main feature (some places define "accessible" differently than others) -- this place is pretty accessible. There are only 2 parking spots at the front of the hotel that are designated "accessible parking" and both were taken -- that's not really something that can be controlled. If you need to use the roll-in shower, make sure to request a "shower bench" ahead of time. Breakfast in the morning was self-serve but had all the basic amenities and a favourite for us was the make-your-own-waffle station - yummy! Overall it was an awesome 1-night stay and we can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JMAI1002
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Rooms were clean. Beds pretty comfy. Entrances and hallways were somewhat grimy. Despite a security guard teenagers ran through the hall screaming throughout the night. Got a total of 3 hours sleep. Breakfast food was stale.

• Stayed January 2012
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Customer Service is outstanding at this Hotel! The recent upgrades to the hotel are extremly Cozy! The rooms were also quite cozy, loved that we had a fridge and microwave. The Pool was clean and was a nice relaxing fun experience with the family!! The breakfast was fresh and had lots to choose from! This hotel is perfect for out of towners who are looking for an inexpensive place to stay while hitting all the nearby shops not to mention its so close to the go train would be perfect for traveling to Toronto for Hockey, CN Tower etc!! We would definelty go back there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Dirty, dirty, dirty. You can smell heavy smoke as soon as you enter the hotel. This is a case where you can't trust the good reviews. I'm laying in bed in this hotel as I write this review at 4 am and I swear I can hear a mouse running around the room.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank carexec
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Travelodge Oshawa Whitby? Share your experiences!