“Pleasantly surprised”

Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at the Travelodge Oshawa-Whitby for the weekend recently for a sporting event. Don't take what is available on the web at face value when booking .... call the reservation centre (or better yet, the hotel directly) to find out what rooms are really available.

Booked a queen bed and pull out couch. Bedding for pull out was in the top of the closet. Room was clean and in good repair. Bed was soft and comfortable with plenty of pillows. Flat screen TV, microwave and minifridge. Liquid hand soap in bathroom -- such a small thing but I LOVE this as I hate bar soap -- and a decent amount of towels, etc. Water pressure and temperature was good.

Had to print out some paperwork late one evening and used the small business centre adjacent to the lobby. There are two computers and two printers, paper was already laying out etc. Worked great. WiFi is also free and strength in our third floor room was acceptable.

Breakfast is adequate .... hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, bagels, juice, etc. No complaints there. I didn't use the pool but others in my party did and the kids seemed to enjoy it. It is salt water.

This hotel seems to actually "get it" when it comes to noise. A hockey team checking in had to sign a contract agreeing that if noise complaints were received about them, they would be charged a $100 fine per room. Subsequently the hotel was fairly quiet. On Friday night there were some loud folks walking up and down the hall (in all fairness, they were probably speaking a normal level but doors are very thin) but all quieted down by midnight. On Saturday night I didn't hear a peep.

The only noise I would question ... I think there must be some sort of a nightclub nearby as both nights the music was quite loud and the bass could be heard in our room. We turned on the wall-mounted heating/AC unit and the fan masked the sound of the bass.

There are plenty of shopping and dining options nearby, including the Oshawa Centre Mall.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would select this hotel if staying in the area again. It is about a 10 minute drive from Durham College.

Room Tip: Call to ask what is available, don't go by the website.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed and the Travelodge and were very happy with our choice. It was very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. We chose this motel because they aloud our large dog, and they have a pool and hot tub. I must say we really enjoyed the pool area. It is a bit of an odd pool but we really enjoyed it. In fact we went and picked up our neice and nephew and brought them over to play in the pool. THey have a good breakfast available at no charge was is nice. I would stay here for either short or long term.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Badb88
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We chose this hotel for their heated pool and the fact that dogs can stay. The room was nicely decorated and fairly modern with a very comfortable bed and sliding doors for easy access to the outside for our dog.
The hot tub was the perfect temperature and allowed for easy viewing of the pool area. I decided to take my niece (6) and nephew (8) to the pool for an hour and they loved it. The pool is not very large but large enough for children to have a great time in it without a worry about a deep end. Large steps going into a shallow end with a gradual lean to the deep, being about 4 feet. There were several children playing and this allowed for a whole hour of entertainment and wear-out-time. My brother was happy when I dropped them off. I then found out that this location offers children's pool parties and could see why.
In the morning we strolled down to the breakfast area and enjoyed freshly made waffles and a decent selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Thank you for the use of your party room and for putting up the happl birthday sign for us. My grandson age 7 now had such a lovely time and we were quite please at how quickly you cleaned up after us. I do so love this location and hope I will have the chance to use your hotel again. Thank you for your smiles and friendly attitudes.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I got a 15% off rate by booking my room through the hotel's main website. For $55 my husband and I stayed in a wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower (as requested) and had an awesome sleep -- the bed was nice and comfy and roomy enough for my husband to move around a lot. The roll-in shower was the main feature (some places define "accessible" differently than others) -- this place is pretty accessible. There are only 2 parking spots at the front of the hotel that are designated "accessible parking" and both were taken -- that's not really something that can be controlled. If you need to use the roll-in shower, make sure to request a "shower bench" ahead of time. Breakfast in the morning was self-serve but had all the basic amenities and a favourite for us was the make-your-own-waffle station - yummy! Overall it was an awesome 1-night stay and we can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JMAI1002
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Rooms were clean. Beds pretty comfy. Entrances and hallways were somewhat grimy. Despite a security guard teenagers ran through the hall screaming throughout the night. Got a total of 3 hours sleep. Breakfast food was stale.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Customer Service is outstanding at this Hotel! The recent upgrades to the hotel are extremly Cozy! The rooms were also quite cozy, loved that we had a fridge and microwave. The Pool was clean and was a nice relaxing fun experience with the family!! The breakfast was fresh and had lots to choose from! This hotel is perfect for out of towners who are looking for an inexpensive place to stay while hitting all the nearby shops not to mention its so close to the go train would be perfect for traveling to Toronto for Hockey, CN Tower etc!! We would definelty go back there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Travelodge Oshawa Whitby? Share your experiences!