Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Guelph, Canada
“SD”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on 3 occasions in the past. On each occasion we have found the facility to be clean and the staff friendly. The buffet breakfast is modest but offers a good selection including both hot and cold items. On our most recent stay the breakfast room attendant was very attentive. This hotel is usually cheaper than most comparable properties in the area and represents a good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear SD,

Thank you for taking the time to share the comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I had an evening meeting in Toronto and did not want to battle Toronto traffic next morning on my drive up to Ottawa. The room was quiet, clean, had everything needed along with a very comfortable bed. I found the complimentary breakfast choice was good. Wireless Internet worked okay - I was able to make skype calls. Parking was free and staff seemed friendly. Drove to big shopping center on north side of 401 where they had restaurants and a Walmart. I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve F
Steve F,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are glad that everything went very well and look forward to seeing you when you are back in the Oshawa area.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I wanted to avoid some morning rush hour Toronto traffic and I stayed overnight here (I checked in at 11:00 pm). The room was clean, the bed was comfy, the shower worked, there were decent toiletries and decent towels. Breakfast was complimentary, so I feel badly complaining about the lack of variety, but my travel companion and I had no trouble finding something to eat. I booked it on Hotwire and got a decent deal, as well. As a bed for the night, it did the job.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
SLT1962,

We appreciate your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our property. Our breakfast has been enhanced very recently and we have started to add much more variety and selection, however it seems that we did not meet your expectations on the day you stayed with us, should you have a few minutes please let me know what we could add or how we could further improve our breakfast in your opinion to make your next breakfast experience with us better. Feel free to contact me directly at 905 723 5271 x 409 or by email gmdurham@brockhotels.com.
Enderby, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2012

It is a fantastic place to stay in Oshawa when you are looking for a very clean hotel, very good breakfast, great service and very friendly staff as well as an affordable price. Parking, internet, tv all is great and it is very close to GO-train station a lot restaurants and supermarkets.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lars T
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Mr. Lars, Thank you very much for the positive feedback you had provided concerning your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Durham Hotel. I will make sure that the information is passed on to the rest of the team, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Oshawa area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Incompetent conference staff who are not on-site and apparently do not understand the requirements of a meeting or conference. Inattention to details and miscommunication between and amongst staff members leave clients confused or panicky. When they screwed up and were unable to provide something that was essential to our meeting, they seemed content to leave a phone message the afternoon before simply telling us that it would not be possible. As we were out of the office, en route to the site, we did not find out until we arrived at the venue. We had booked the space more than 2 months prior. No apologies, no attemp to find a solution. Completely unacceptable. We did not book any of the hotel rooms so are unable to comment on that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SkyboxTO
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed here for a wedding as the reception was here and this is where the guests were staying. Apon our arrival we get our room and the musty smell is more than i can bear. We are informed at the desk that there are no other avaiable rooms. Which explains why i did not get the king bed i ordered. I go to do my hair and the blow dryer is not working so i bring it to the desk and they assure me they will replace it with a working dryer which i didnt get the 4 days i was there. All night i could hear doors slamming in the halls. I did comp a free night for my troubles which was nice but the smell was so bad i wouldnt return anyways. At least the wedding was allright although it wouldnt be my choice of places thats for sure

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank ashleynderek
OTTAWA
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stay at this hotel often as I am commuting between Ott and Tor. Always friendly staff, clean room, great rates and the complimentary breakfast is a bonus. This hotel is conveniently located right off the 401, good old Stevenson exit.

The rooms in the low 200's are awesome (behind front desk). Office desk, couch, mini fridge and very spacious. If you are looking for a great hotel and very competitively priced- this BW Durham is a sure bet.

Room Tip: Rooms behind from desk (e.g 202) are huge with office desk, couch,