“Best Scones in Canada, Not Just Ottawa”
Review of The Scone Witch

The Scone Witch
Ranked #18 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Go here for the best scones in all of Canada. I like the cheddar scone and the lemon poppyseed scone. I just tried the lemon curd with the lemon poppyseed scone - SO GOOD! Many great flavours to try. If you are staying downtown, get a few scones for your breakfast. No need to pay for a hotel breakfast. This is soooooo much better.

There are newer reviews for The Scone Witch

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Every time I visit ottawa I have to stop here. I haven't been able to find a scone or jam anywhere else that I've visited that compares to here. And the ham and eggs are also perfectly cooked. Please go here!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

This small restaurant with limited seating specializes in scones with almost any flavour you can imagine and also provides enough additional food options to have a delicious and healthy meal for a family with two 13 year old boys. I had scrambled eggs topped with a mushroom ragu, a cranberry scone and raspberry jam (there were several other options to choose from) which was served with a greens and fruit salid. I was very pleased with all aspects of the meal. Service was quick without making you feel rushed.

We returned a couple of time during our brief visit of Ottawa for some take-out scones.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I'm no expert when it comes to scones, but these are by far the best scones I've ever had. I've tried the plain, vanilla, and blueberry scones. All of which were delicious.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I had read good things about the Scone Witch and wasn't disappointed. My boyfriend and I had breakfast here and really enjoyed it. We both had a herb and onion scone with goats cheese (him) and cream cheese and chutney (me) and both really enjoyed them. They were surprisingly filling too. Nice wee place, very busy!