“Scary, fun and economical; highly recommended”

Haunted Walk of Ottawa
Ranked #3 of 47 Tours in Ottawa
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scary, fun and economical; highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband, my 11 year old granddaughter and myself took the Original Haunted Walk last evening. It was everything we expected and more. We saw parts of the city we had never seen before; some of the beautiful architecture that Ottawa has to offer. The information provided about the ghosts was really scary; quite possibly because its true accounts. Every stop made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. This walk kept our granddaughter interested from beginning to end and thats no easy feat. There was a lot of walking but it was all down hill or level so not bad if your are wearing comfortable shoes. Overall it was awesome; well worth the cost.

Visited August 2011
5 Thank Cathy M

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Spooky- and lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

I’ve been on two of Ottawa’s Haunted walks, the Ghosts & the Gallows tour, and the original Haunted Walk, and both were excellent.

The Ghosts & the Gallows focuses mainly on the old Ottawa jail, which has been converted into a youth hostel in recent years. It is super creepy to see the old jail cells, see the noose and trap door where hangings used to take place, and hear the stories about the ghosts that purportedly still haunt there.

The Haunted Walk covers more ground, visiting sites along the Rideau canal and Elgin Street. As a resident of Ottawa, I thought this tour was really interesting; I learned all kinds of historical facts about buildings I walk by all the time. Who knew that some of them are haunted by the ghosts of teachers and doctors who once inhabited them?

This is fun and affordable evening entertainment, but probably not the best for younger kids who scare easily.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank TropicalMeg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Sights of Ottawa with some fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We had a great time. My boyfriend and I both took our parents from Alberta and we had a blast. You get to see a bunch of neat buildings and areas in the downtown core and get a bit of history and good stories. I recommend this to anyone who comes to town. Bring good walking shoes though!

Visited June 2011
4 Thank Mireille M
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

If you are intrigued by the paranormal, or just enjoy a good old ghost story this is a fun addition to any visit. We have also done these walks in Kingston and Halifax. They are always interesting, adding a neat twist to the history of the area. The kids are excited to try all the walks (except of course the "pub walk")

Visited August 2010
3 Thank egriffi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Greater than I imagined!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

Haunted Walk of Ottawa is awesome!! I've lived in Ottawa for all my life and never knew about these guys until now! Wow! The stories are real life stories and the guides... Wow! I've been on the Original Haunted Walk twice in the past week! Both guides were really great! They know they're stories, they're captivating and very interesting to listen to!!! I most certainly recommend this to everyone!! And I can't wait to do their other tours! Ghost and Gallows look soo scary!!!!

Visited May 2011