Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience RentABike Ottawa
from US$53.60
from US$21.80
from US$100.20
More Info
All reviews road bike rent a bike gatineau park rideau canal repair kit fun ride rental location these guys few hours both sides dow's lake helmets bikes rode route lock hogs
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

At an outset let me say I have not ridden a bicycle in some time but this was easy and Karen, our guide, made sure we were together and safe. No roads involved, all bike tracks or bicycle lanes. My only suggestion to the provider is that they invest in bluetooth microphone and headsets as any commentary on the go can only be heard by the first bike.

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

I hired a bike for 4 hours and rode the cycle tracks up the canal, down the river and around Gatineau. The bike was brand new, great ride. The service awesome. Helmet and lock comes with the bike, they also lent me a pannier bag. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Rented a road bike for a self-guided ride while on a business trip to Ottawa. Great communication beforehand and during the rental; was able to quickly and easily grab the bike and go. Same for the return. Bike was in solid shape/as advertised, and came with everything I needed for the 80k ride that morning. Would happily rent from them again!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Rented a bike for a week. Bike was in great condition and the whole transaction was very easy and no hassle.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous experience renting a road bike from Rentabike in Ottawa. Easy to book online. Quick setup and delivery at pickup. Beautiful 22spd Shimano 105 equipped bike with the smoothest gear shifting I’ve ridden in ages, and an easy drop off process.
Will not hesitate to rent from them again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We rented both high-end Giant Defy Advanced I carbon road bikes and city touring bikes from this place on two different days, and were very happy with both experiences. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful, and the bikes were well maintained.

Ottawa is a great city for cycling - we did a trip on the road bikes up into Gatineau Park and then cycled along the river on another day, and there are many cycle paths.

Harry M, Owner at RentABike Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Hello Blackfords,

We are happy you enjoyed your rental with us. Our many levels of bikes allow for different types of excursions on Ottawa's bike path system and up into the local road bike playground of Gatineau Park.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We choose RentABike based on reviews and pricing. The biking scene is pretty competitive in Ottawa so you will get the same type of accessories and price range from a few shops nearby.

However I'm only giving them 3/5. Website and reviews claimed a higher quality and standard for the equipment than I what I got. On intial rental, even though I put all our information on the electronic reservation we had to fill out a paperform. Next, we weren't really sized well enough for the bike, it was just grab a bike approximately good enough for your height... I would have preferred a seat height adjustment without asking or prompting. Finally, I had a few hiccups while changing bike gears. I told the staff on check in about it, but they really didn't care about. They just kind of fluffed it off with a 'oh sorry', a discount would have been mildly appreciative on a 4 hr ride with not mechanically perfect bike.

That being said, I would probably rent here again, but I'd be sure to return a bad bike. Their web page claims excellent bike conditions, but it is clear some tuning is needed.

Hello Jason,
Thank you for your comments. We always strive to improve our service.

Our online reservation system allows us to communicate with you to reserve the type of bicycles you would like for your ride as well as give us a sense of any special requirements you might need for the rental. It allows us to ensure we have the extra items you would like with the rental in stock when you arrive. Please note that the information requested on our paper form and on our electronic form are different and a paper form must be filled out prior to every rental.

Our regular hybrids are inspected on a rotating basis to catch problems that occasionally develop. We thoroughly appreciate when someone lets us know that there is an issue with a bike that either developed while they were riding the bike or that they noticed. The bike is then immediately put in the shop for repairs so that we can address the problem. Additionally, we encourage customers to try the bike before they go to ensure they are comfortable with its size, seat height and working condition.

Please note that if we are provided with a full bike fit measurement chart, we are happy to fit the bicycle to the specifications. Beyond that, we do not provide a full bicycle fit service which involves a 2-3 hour fitting. We do our best to fit the bike based on height. Since a person does not always have the same body geometry (torso, arm and leg length) for a given height, you are correct in that it is an approximation. Should it be the one size off in our view or in your view, we are more than happy to provide another size for you to try. Additionally, in almost all cases, a person's feet must be off the ground or only barely touching when the seat height is correctly set. Since this is uncomfortable for the skill or comfort level of many of our customers, we rely to an extent on customer feedback to make sure they are comfortable while still getting as close as we can to the correct seat height.
I hope the remainder of your vacation goes smoothly and we would be happy to see you again if you are in town.

Kind regards.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best place in Ottawa to get any kind of bike service done or to rent a bike. Staff are knowledgeable and friendly.

Their mechanics are fantastic if you need to get your bike serviced.

Oh, and if you’re in the market for a new bike they have great deals on gently used bikes at the end of the season. You can’t go wrong.

Hello Mariaat,

Thank you for the kind words, we take pride in getting providing quality rentals as well as great bike service. Our end of season sale is coming up and all bikes get a full tune up by our mechanics before they are sold. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We spent an hour today riding bikes through our Capital. Thank you to RentABike! The staff member was courteous and helpful. The bike quality was impressive. The comfort, the helmet, the lock, the bell made the experience worry-free. I must say, walking under the bridge was interesting in and of itself. I realized how comfortable I felt in your lovely city.

Hi 57momandson,

Thank you for visiting us. I am glad you enjoyed your bike rental on the canal and had a chance to check out our unique location in the old train tunnel beside the old Ottawa train station.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

What a great day for a ride!
What an amazing place to rent as well, the staff and bikes were superb! There are quite a few choices of bikes. We chose electrical bikes which I really need for my arthritis.

Harry M, Owner at RentABike Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Hi Clash_13, we thoroughly enjoyed your visit. We are glad to provide bicycles for all levels including our electric Giant bikes. Enjoy the rest of your trip in Ottawa.