“excellent bike for a week long, multi-terrain rental!”
Review of RentABike Ottawa

and up
Cycling the Nation's Capital
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ottawa's original since 1976. No one else is located on the pathway system. Bicycle rentals, guided tours, sales and service.
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Really great service and the quality of the bike I rented, a cyclocross bike, was exceptional and much better than I ever expected of a rental bike. I rented the bike for a week and took it with to rural Ontario, near Barry's Bay, and used it for road and trail biking. It came with a patch kit and pump, which I was really pleased about, as I'd neglected to bring mine with me when I flew to Ottawa. A great experience and I would definitely would rent from Rentabike again. My only complaint was the hours - it was hard to return my bike because they closed early and opened after my morning flight. The location is wonderfully central but parking for a car is a bit tricky. The rental location is in a very cool spot under a bridge - it felt very European.

Harry M, Owner at RentABike Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

We really enjoy cross bikes. Jill for one still races.
Some great opportunities up the Ottawa Valley.

All reviews
"saddle"
"locks"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Nice fall day so we dropped and rented bikes for a 4 hour ride. Did the Rideau Canal, Hogs back falls, Little Italy, Gatineau and all with hardly on a busy street.

The bikes are in good shape and I thought that &25 was quite reasonable.

We have been blessed with some lovely cycling conditions late October.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Well, you can rent a bike and ride along the long bicycle road along the river. A must-do thing if you come to Ottawa for the first time. But, be careful, because the bicycle road is too long, so plan you riding time carefully, otherwise you can get the bike late and you will have to pay extra money to the guy. Also, don't push yourself too much and sweat all your body like I did; instead, ride slowly and enjoy the road and the nice scenery around.

1  Thank Hakan T
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

I showed up this morning to rent a bike to go along the Rideau Canal. The girl working had me in a bike super fast and helped me with my route. I went to Dows then Hogsback Falls, the returned along the Rideau River like she suggested. It was a gorgeous ride and just the right length for me! Highly recommended.

We have had some great riding conditions for weeks. Hard not to ejoy the waterways with the colour backdrop