“Choose Play and you won't be disappointed!”
Review of Play Food & Wine

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Enjoyed a fantastic evening at Play while visiting friends in Ottawa. It's a busy (but not noisy) restaurant with a funky ambiance and excellent knowledgeable service. Our group (6 in total) enjoyed a few bottles of wine as well as sweet and savory tapas selections. I would highly recommend the mixed charcuterie to start. For our meal the Grilled Halloumi, Gnocchi and Hanger Steak were the standouts... and save room for dessert, the Paris-Brest and Baked Alaska were a delicious way to end our evening. Overall fabulous service, food and ambiance.

There are newer reviews for Play Food & Wine

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I've only been here once but it was very good. I don't go down to eat in the market often but if I was planning a night out downtown I would try it out again for sure. Same group I believe own Gezling and Beckta two of my favourite spots to go.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent service. Staff very friendly and interested in their patrons. Explained the menu very well as it was pretty extensive. Helped with choices as food is served in smaller portions almost tapas style. Lovely ambience. Busy but not noisy and so easy to have conversations without feeling overheard or drowned out! So popular would recommend booking. Best food we had on our week long vacation.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We had a celebratory supper here with someone on a plant based diet, someone on a keto diet and 2 serious carnivores. Everyone was full and very happy with their meal. The service was fantastic. If you have special dietary requirements just let them know and they will likely accommodate you. They even give vegans a special menu.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

my boyfriend and i just had dinner in this restaurant! it is just in byward market - near sussex street. very central.
the service and the food are great and also the staff is very friendly and attentive.

prices are ok and if you are really hungry the plates are not big, you need to choose more ( i would suggest a savioury dish plus a side or cheeses)

loved the dessert - baked alaska and cheese selection ( two goat cheeses) - the wine was top

good evening at the end!