All reviews pancake maker hi express main road room was clean king suite free breakfast hot tub lots of parking min drive check in was quick and easy hot items yogurt the general manager enjoyed our stay late at night housekeeping staff three nights
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here enroute from Michigan to Mont Tremblant, Quebec and found this Holiday Inn Express to be clean, comfortable and conveniently located for our trip. Staff was friendly, helpful and professional. There are several restaurants nearby. Breakfast, included in our room rate, consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, coffee, tea and juices. There also was a selection of cereals, breads/bagels/pastries along with fresh fruit.

There is a quite large area for dog walking. We would happily staff here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Diana P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear tylerarb,

thank you very much for writing a review on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location & found our hotel to be clean & comfortable & our staff friendly, helpful & professional.
Thank you for your stay & we hope to see you again soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2018

When I first arrived at this hotel and was told I had to wait an additional hour to access my room although it was already past 3 pm, the only thing I wanted to do is to write a bad review for this place. I am glad I did not! First of all, the place is well maintained, very clean and overall nice; rooms are comfortable and staff who was helping our soccer team set up the play/gathering room was amazing. Breakfast was good as well, enough choice for everyone! I somehow forgot my favorite blouse in the room and it was already too late to go back and get it. I was back home. I called the Hotel, talked to staff who find it and shipped it to me. I got it by mail yesterday. I am very happy to have my favorite blouse back. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Diana P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Dear tatjana s,
thank you so much for taking the time to write this review & we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & that you got your favourite blouse back! We will pass on your comments to the staff that you found the hotel clean & your soccer team enjoyed their hospitality room & that our breakfast had lots of choices for everyone!
We hope to see you & your team again next summer.
Thank you again for your stay & for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Ottawa West Nepean.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband had a three day business trip to Ottawa and we made it an extended vacation. Our stay at the Holiday Inn was a pleasant experience. We stayed 5 days and were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the two Paige’s that worked the front desk. We stayed in a suite and it was very roomy. My only complaint was the bathroom was too small. When the bathroom door was open, it took up the majority of the room. We were located 15-20 minutes west of down town Ottawa. Very easy to get back and forth from there. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Diana P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear WCRiordan,

thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West Nepean & you found our two Paiges at the front desk friendly & helpful! I am sorry to hear that you found your bathroom small and next time you stay with us please reach out as we will ensure you receive a room with our largest bathrooms.
Thank you for your stay & we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Spent 5 days here for business. Great location with easy access to the highway. Lots of businesses close by including a Loblaws next door and LCBO just down the street.
Great staff! Nice pool, will return when back to Ottawa

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Diana P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Hi Darryl C.,

thank you very much for your stay & the great review! We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location & will be back next time you're in Ottawa.
All the best & we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2018

I booked this hotel based on the reviews. We were coming into Ottawa for the Shania Twain concert and we seemed relatively close to the venue.

We arrived late afternoon on a Sunday. My mother was struggling with a cane and we were given a room on the second floor, away from the elevator as requested. Our room had two beds and a view of the parking lot next door. The beds were comfortable. The shower had good water pressure. We had some trouble with an outlet in the bathroom and the TV remote needed batteries, but not a big deal. We told them at the front desk and they helped us out. We did not get a room with a mini fridge which was a let down but we understood it.

We asked the front desk for recommendations and taxi calls which they were accommodating with. The breakfast was decent. Two days in a row it was the same eggs and protein but it was fine.

My only real complaint was that I bought a reusable cup at the Shania Twain concert which I expected to bring home for a friend as a souvenir. It was from the Ottawa Senators and I have a friend who is a big fan. We brought the cup back after the concert on Monday and left it on the desk when we went out on Tuesday. When we got up Wednesday morning, we noticed that it was gone. We tore the room apart looking for this cup. It wasn't a disposable one. It had pictures of the hockey players on it and we had not put it in the garbage. I'm not impressed that it was taken from my room.

We did not tell the front desk at checkout on Wednesday. We figured that it was long gone. It's just disappointing. I had put a orange juice bottle in the recyclable bin in our room on Monday morning before I went out. I came back and it was on the desk. It was clearly empty. What was I going to do with that? That was saved but not the cup that I spent $10 on.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 203
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kagcan,

thank you very much for your stay & for taking the time to complete a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like you to know that we have followed up with our staff on your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that your Senators cup from the concert was thrown out, this was likely due to a misunderstanding that it was no longer needed. The comfort and enjoyment of our guests is paramount and we strive to not only meet but exceed expectations.
If you would like to contact me directly, please do so by calling the hotel directly.
Thank you & we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.