“Wonderful food for an older crowd”
Review of Irene's Pub

Irene's Pub
Ranked #364 of 3,152 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Canadian, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Description: Well-known local venue for live music. Irene's has been in business since 1985. Fully accessible with accessible washroom on ground floor, just ask anyone in bar to help by positioning wheelchair ramp at entrance for access. We also have a secret patio out back open during warmer weather, car and bus exhaust free and private. Great food and kitchen open till midnight.
Reviewed December 5, 2016

I'm biased because I actually live down the street from this pub, but I love to go to enjoy fish and chips or their amazing veggie burger. Lots of great local music. Wonderful brunch but be forewarned they only open at 11am. If you're a coffee conasuer like me, I think Irene's serves the best coffee in the city. Each cup is individually brewed. Nice patio in the back for summer months.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank LizWOttawa

Reviewed October 1, 2016

We've eaten at Irene's a few times and have enjoyed it every time. Typically, we're there for brunch on a Saturday, and we've tried a variety of meals. All were very good, from standard bacon and eggs to burgers to sandwiches. The service is very good. Usually, because it's quiet at noon on Saturday, there's just the bartender taking food orders. Easy going, friendly servers.

The pub is very cozy, with a small area near the bar, then a larger room where live entertainment occurs every day in the evenings, though afternoons also see live acts.

Irene's is well worth the visit. Check it out.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank JimTaggartOttawa
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

I have been out of the country for 15 years but upon my return I went to Irene's right away. It's a proper, unpretentious pub in the heart of a neighborhood full of snazzy new spots without any soul.
I am happy to say I enjoyed it as much today as ever. The food was all delicious and reasonably priced, especially the soup which was really flavorful.
The service was really friendly too which was the hallmark of Irene's back when we used to drop in regularly.
It'll be our local once again.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Matt F
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Irene's has a relaxed atmosphere with a secluded outside deck. There are often concerts on Wednesday at 8 p.m. On Thursday there is an open blues stage with free admission. On weekends there is entertainment after 9 p.m., with a varying cover charge.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank PDB111
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Irene's is something of a local legend in Ottawa, home to live music some week nights, trivia nights and the like. It boasts old wooden table tops carved with past drinkers' initials and messages - nothing elegant about this joint. But the beer selection is strong and the food surprisingly good. We recently decided that the very best burger in Ottawa can be had at Irene's - a ruling which follows considerable research. In a genuine old-fashioned tavern, you can relax and try some great drinks and eats. That's a wonderful thing.

Date of visit: June 2016