New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Cockroaches!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

The service was pretty good. Check in was a breeze and so was check out. Parking was underground for $17 and seemed very secure. Dogs are allowed. The maid service in room was kinda shabby, I had to fix the bed cuz the fitted sheet wasn't on right. I am wondering if it was even changed??? Cuz the bottom sheet was creased up and bunched up like if someone had slept in it already???

I killed a few small German cockroaches! They were in the bathroom and in the bedroom. From what I saw anyway... It totally grossed me out, so I didn't even spend one night there. I didn't want to risk having the bugs hitch a ride back to my house in my bags!

2 star at best! OLD bedding and OLD appliances. I would ever stay here.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Diane G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

The staff were great. The hotel is within walking distance of all the major attractions and the room was large, very quiet and comfortable - what more can you ask for?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I am currently staying here and am very satisfied with my room for the price ($109/night ). It's clean spacious has a full kitchen and the bed is comfortable. Only problem is very Loud construction on Cooper St Ask for a south facing room!

• Stayed October 2011
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

I couldn't fault the location. Perfect for walking around the sites, and loads of good bars/restaurants nearby too. The hotel is clean and tidy but badly in need of refurbishment. It looks like it hasn't been decorated since the 70s or 80s. I'd still recommend the hotel purely because of the location.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Ian073
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I was suggested this hotel to stay at for the 2 nights my wife and I were in town for my brothers wedding and what a disappointment!!! Not only are the rooms old and outdated, but they have that mouldy smell you get when you visit a not often used country cottage. The beds are extremely small, queen size is more like a double...but to top it off I found a large ball of human hair on the small table next to the couch upon my arrival, that was certainly not an extra that I was hoping for!!! Look I'm actually in the military and I'm used to being put up in crappy places, but when I'm paying the money and trust me the Cartier Place ain't cheap I want something that's worth what I'm being charged. Oh and I'm currently in my room while I write this and I have spoken to 3 separate hotel staff and no one has given me feedback as to how the hotel is going to deal with this hair situation, so customer service looks good but don't have any issues because then it falls apart!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave B
GeneralManager003, General Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
We are continuing to renovate our suites and sincerely apologize for the condition of the suite upon check-in as our room attendant should not have missed.
Upon receiving the phone call, the front desk agent immediately contacted our Executive Housekeeper who personally supervised the re-cleaning of this suite while the guest was out.
As our guest was passing by the desk we let him know that housekeeping was followed up with immediately.
Our Front Desk Manager spoke directly with the guest and extended a complimentary one night stay with us. Once contacted our guests appreciated our service.
Guelph
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I read numerous positive reviews on this hotel and I decided to stay here based on the positive feedback and the fact that this place was supposedly close to the Byward Market, and had a kitchen and a balcony.
Upon my arrival at 4pm, I was informed that my room was not ready. They told me to go park my car and come back and it should be ready. I was upgraded to an executive 2 bedroom suite which was far from executive. Everything was functional but the place was really, really dated. The worst part was by far the bed. Mattress made of foam and sheets that are so thin, old and used, I felt dirty touching them. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep at all and had the worst sleep I've had in years.
Sure the hotel might be 10-15 min walking distance to the market, but as a solo female traveller, the street rabble around the hotel deterred me from walking very far and made me feel very uncomfortable.
When I checked out, nobody asked me how my stay was.
I originally had myself booked in to stay at this hotel again this weekend but decided to book elsewhere. When I called to cancel, they asked me why I cancelled, I told them what I have stated above and that I am not interested in staying there again. No comment. Just gave me my cancellation number. I guess they don't really care.
I would not stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Might be ok for groups of students or other young people looking for a place to crash and don't...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TSaleswoman
Bowmanville, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

My sister and I traveled to Ottawa to visit family in August and then my daughter went in September. We were very impressed with our suites both times. I did have a small concern when I stayed in August and reported it via email. My concern was taken seriously, addressed immediately, my contact person at the hotel was amazing. It was the terrific customer service I received that prompted my daughter to stay at the Cartier Place when she went to Ottawa in September. I will be recommending this property to all family and friends who plan on traveling to Ottawa in the future and I will certainly be staying there the next time I go!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family