Lovely hotel downtown Ottawa. Close to Byward Market and the Rideau mall. I had booked a King bed but was told none were available. Was given a small room on the 2nd floor which overlooked a flat gravel roof and nothing else (233). I called down to the front desk and asked for a better view. I was moved down to the first floor but in the turret which had 2 windows, one overlooked the monument and the other the parliament buildings. Much better view but the room was even smaller if possible. It fit a queen size bed, a desk, a chair and a dresser with a big flat screen tv. It also had a huge walk in closet. If it wasn't for the really high ceilings, this place would be claustrophobic. The bathroom was also tiny and I had to walk around the toilet to get to the sink. The only way the door would stay closed was to lock it. Nice glass door on the shower but it was still dark in there and the water drained all over the bathroom floor. Water pressure was great. Shower amenities were good although I didn't like the smell of the moisturizer.
The bed was really comfortable with plenty of comfortable pillows. Bathrobes in the bathroom were a lovely touch and much appreciated. These days, charging extra for internet is just a price gouge and unnecessary.
The lobby is beautiful and front desk staff very friendly and helpful.
I ate dinner at the W restaurant and although it was pricey, the food was good and the service excellent.
This is the Fairmont Chateau Laurier and you are paying for the luxury of staying in a top class, historic hotel in the middle of all the action. I thought the Lord Elgin at half the price was just as good and the rooms were bigger. I heard the Laurier's King rooms are bigger but I didn't get a chance to see them.
Lovely stay, glad I did it, will only stay again if I get a great deal. Would like to try the Westin next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Ottawa, Ontario