3,607 results
All reviews gold floor zoe's lounge president's club byward market rideau canal beautiful hotel parliament hill classic hotel deluxe room ottawa river war memorial an upgrade valet parking national gallery market area visiting ottawa laurier
Reviewed August 12, 2018

The Gold floor concierges were exceptionally helpful and very accommodating. They made us feel at home and welcomed us warmly. They set the "Gold Standard" for us.
The room was large and very comfy. We had a delightful view of the market and Nepean Pointe. The lounge offered yummy treats and the happy hour hors d'oeuvres were tasty and tided us over until our later dinner reservation. The pool staff were very friendly too and when my daughter needed a robe, they got one delivered to her. All in all very worth the extra. Great place, great stay!

Room Tip: Gold Floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to share your compliments with us. Rest assured I will share your lovely comments with our team on our Gold floor.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Anyone who reads my posts will see that I don't like to complain, I try and be useful on this forum. We stayed overnight last minute to have a nice break. All we looked forward to was waking up relaxed, enjoying breakfast in the room and heading home. Too complicated for this hotel. Complete and total indifference. "Don't know, let us check, sorry don't know, will page to find out, sorry, don't know. At $830 a night the least a hotel that flaunts itself the way this one does could look after a guest and get a basic function of a hotel services right. Have stayed at Fairmont hotels across North America. Never again. Am having breakfast in a diner. Thanks Chateau Laurier, really appreciated.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MTLtravel99

Our mission is to turn moments into memories and I regret your disappointing experience.

I was especially concerned to read your comments relating to the knowledge and helpfulness of our colleagues. Please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured that we will be following up with our teams.

We do hope you return one day and allow us the opportunity to regain your trust and loyalty.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

I used an upgrade voucher from the old Fairmont awards scheme, and was given a junior suite. In short the suite was showing its age, and normal maintenance (such as peeling paint on the room door) was lacking. I am glad I did not pay for it, but it even felt like a waste to use the voucher for the

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
2  Thank OsloLawyer

We sincerely regret not meeting your expectations on this occasion.

We hope you return one day where we will do all possible to change your mind about us.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

You expect a high end expensive hotel to provide a great guest experience. They lived up to that. The staff is helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. The facility is well appointed. The rooms, as you would expect for an older railway property ala The Fort Gary, MacDonald Hotel and Palliser, are small. All of that is to be expected and you need to be Ok with that. But it's location overcomes all that. It's right beside the market, Rideau Canal, Pairlient et. al. I will say our room had water on the floor by the window and the rug was soaked. What's more, the parkade was closed and they only had valet parking at $45/day.That should have been on the website. I would have given a higher rating but that is not fair play.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dwcchog

Dear Katie,

We are grateful for your valuable feedback; rest assured that we take your comments to heart!

Rest assured we will look into your comments relating to your check-in process.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic location and Victor on the concierge particularly helpful. Often hotels of this nature have not been kept up to date but that is not true of this hotel. Breakfast was a great feast I we would highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Richard,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories and we are delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

We will certainly share your compliments with Victor and I know he will be pleased to have been recognized. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.