Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
Free cancellation until 22-10-08
US$124
Free cancellation until 22-10-07
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$110
Free cancellation until 22-10-09
Hotels.comUS$124
PricelineUS$123
Destinia.comUS$125
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Last time I was here I would say my stay was average. There have been Reno’s here which has really changed the look and feel here. New furniture carpet etc. The restaurant has improved. Service was solid.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank metrobms
HIOE1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Thank you very much for your kind review. We have shared your comments with our staff.
We do have a new restaurant Myra's Bar & Kitchen and it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back very soon.
Cordially,

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Checked in on a Friday night for a two double bedroom. Lots of sport teams stayed at this hotel, so you can imagine all of the kids running up and down the lobby, hallways and stairwells! Quite a disturbance to people's rest - appreciated the no noise after 10pm policy that was posted at the elevators. Our room was average. Bed was comfy. It was very windy during the night so it was quite loud. The bathroom was poorly designed - there was no fan so the ceiling paint was peeling off from the moisture. The shower drain was draining very slowly with such small opening. The towel rack was poorly installed as it was falling off the wall. The hair dryer did not work. Little flaws that could have been taken care off prior to our stay. Notified front desk of issues but all I could get was a "sorry about your experience". Are you truly sorry? We had other guests stay at this hotel and echoed the same thing. Wouldn't recommend this place if you want a quality sleep and stay for $180 a night.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIOE1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Dear Meh,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
We regret to read that your experience with us was not to your complete satisfaction.
We have taken immediate actions to ensure the quality of our services and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
R. Patino

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

We discovered a very nice hotel with a restaurant staff is very nice and want to please their client i recommend! For family or business trip. Closr to shopping centre and restaurants. Rooms are clean and comfy

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
HIOE1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear Nathalie T,

Thank you very much for your review.
We appreciate your feedback and really hope to welcome you back very soon.

Cordially,
R. Patino

Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here this week, and had a great experience. It is in a fantastic location, close to a mall, restaurants, and the edge of the city. The staff were friendly, and the room was spacious and clean. The only issue was when we went to the bar for drinks. They have 8 specialty cocktails, but didn’t have the ingredients on hand to make 2 out of those 8.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank julieannsam
HIOE1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Dear julieannsam,
We appreciate your time in reviewing us and we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the convenient location of the property.
We have taken the necessary actions for all the ingredients to be available for us to prepare your favorite cocktails.
I look forward to welcoming you very soon!
Kind regards

R Patino

Reviewed November 28, 2018

I stayed at this hotel for 8 days.

The room beside me was blasting music at midnight and I called twice to inform front desk of the noise complaint. They notified the wrong room twice! (since I heard outside my door) and later denied doing so. This forced me to switch rooms (from 9th floor to 3rd) at 1am since the issue could not be resolved by the employees at front desk.

Later that week the remote for my TV was not functioning well and I called front desk. Of course as I am calling, the TV decides to turn on. I explained and apologized and told them as of right now the TV remote does work (I could tell the batteries were starting to go) and I GOT HUNG UP ON. I did not understand why? I was very polite on the phone as I know this may have wasted 10 seconds of their time...

When leaving the hotel I barely got a hello from front desk. When asked how my stay was I politely stated that "at times, it was a bit rocky". I got no reply or even a "sorry to hear that." I am not expecting anyone to be fake or overly care about the situation as I know they probably get a lot of customer complaints.... But they could have at least acknowledged a dissatisfied customer as I did pay over $1,000 to stay there.

Next time I need to travel for work, I am staying at the Hampton Inn.

Room tip: Ask for top floor, as lower floors tend to have families and tournaments.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jean Pierre B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Dear "513jennap"

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction. As written, we sympathize with your described disappointments. We will share your comments with the team to ensure stability in our usual good standings

JPB