Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
Free cancellation until 22-10-08
US$124
Free cancellation until 22-10-07
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$110
Free cancellation until 22-10-09
Hotels.comUS$124
PricelineUS$123
Destinia.comUS$125
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

While staying at a Holiday Inn, the general impression is not one of Luxury but definitely one of comfort and cleanliness.
This one unfortunately fell way below a Holiday Inn standard.
Dirty room, dirty Hall ways.
I could go on and on. This was really unfortunate.
The mirror by the elevator was so heavily laden with dust that guests started to draw smiley faces into the dust. Come on.....where is that overlooked by staff.
One other unbelievable fact was that absolutely non of the window would open.
Unfortunately I will not be back to this location.
Holiday Inn yes but not this location.
Not even bottled water in the rooms........unbelievable!

Trip type: Travelled with family
HIOE1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2019

Dear canadamaus,
We appreciate your comments as these make us improve our guest's experience.
I would like to confirm that the hotel complies with every standard of the brand and regret to read that your experience was not up to your expectations.
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon as it will be our pleasure to personally greet and assist you to make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

Recent trip to Nations Capital Raptors in finals. Told-desk reception of our rush to make it in time for tip off. Nothing mentioned about cable not working. Checked in and rushed to the room Cable not functioning talked to front desk manager said cable just stopped working. Hard to believe Desk manager assisted with the price of the room which was good of him. The cable still wasn’t functioning the next night. They must get the TV SITUATION and WIFI FIXED

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIOE1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear 1KJL,
Than you very much for taking the time to write your review.
We did have an issue coming from our cable provider directly that affected the signal momentarily. Fortunately the signal came back up and we have taken the steps to avoid any reoccurring event in the future.
I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2019

I was there in may 2019 for an exam at the University of Ottawa. In the morning there was no hot water in the whole hotel and wasn't able to shower and prepare properly for the most important exam of my life. After complaining at the desk about this issue the only thing the clerk said was that the problem had now been solved by the maintenance guy, but after I had checked out. They still charged me the whole price for the room (200$ a night) without any form of compensation or at least an excuse for the inconvenience. I wrote to the company to fill a formal complaint about it and hasn't heard from them in 3 weeks.

Worst service I have ever seen and I travel a lot, next time I'm in ottawa, I'll go to another hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HIOE1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear David_BL3,
We appreciate your feedback and I regret to read that the inconvenience you experienced led you to have that perception of the property in general.
I apologize for the issue you commented and I can assure you that even though glitches and situations occur in every hotel, we are committed to help and support our guests in the most hospitable way.
I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you and to welcome you back in the near future.
Kindly,

Reviewed June 3, 2019

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The majority of staff members were very friendly. The only unpleasant interaction was with a female clerk at the check-in counter. Didn't take it personally though as she treated every customer the same way and other clerks were happy to assist once she stepped away from the counter to go on break. Easy access from the 417, free parking and easy walk to the St Laurent mall.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
HIOE1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear NicoleC5949,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
I have read your comments and apologize for the unpleasant interaction at the front desk, we will take the appropriate actions to improve on it.
I am also glad to read that the rest of your stay was up to your expectations.
We certainly look forward to welcome you back very soon.
R. Patino

Reviewed May 26, 2019

Our stay was for one night in April.

Positives - free parking, no issues at check in or check out.
Negatives - The shower had not been cleaned - soaps, shampoo, hair in the shower. We called the front desk and asked to be moved or have the room cleaned. Completely understood that these things happen, but there was no regret offered by the manager or his team who were working that evening.

Had to follow up a couple times (over an hour). We were questioned as to whether we had used the room - I didn't understand this but the night manager later explained that because the hotel was sold out, if we hadn't "used" the room, he could re-let it. We had been in the room for about 1 1/2hrs. Didn't understand as we asked for the bath to be cleaned and we would have stayed in the room but he said there was no housekeeping staff available to do this. We were moved to another room (after waiting for an hour, where the deadbolt didn't work and tub didn't drain well) but room was clean and comfortable.

In short, the hotel manager comp'd our stay (after a few follow ups) but no one offered an apology for our experience nor did the manager address the fact that the room would be assigned to other guests after they moved us (did they clean it for those guests? Why didn't they just clean it for us).

Wouldn't recommend this hotel just for the manner in which the situation was handled by the staff onsite.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HIOE1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ottawa East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear rcmko,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your experience went in the property.
I have read your comments and truly apologize for the misunderstanding with one of our night supervisors.
I have also reviewed what happened with the staff members and hope to have the opportunity to host you in the near future, I am sure that you will find your expectations exceeded.