All reviews byward market great location york street typical courtyard within walking distance parliament hill ottawa downtown beaver tail weight room front desk staff rideau canal market area restaurants and bars quiet room underground parking walked everywhere central location
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The location of this hotel is great, next to the Byward market, near tons of great restaurants, and within walking distance of parliament hill. The staff at this hotel are amazing and always made us feel like VIPs. The amenities are great, the room was comfortable and quiet, and we would definitely stay here again. We have already recommended it to others.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Service on check in was friendly and efficient.

The rooms are large and clean with everything that you would need.

The real draw of this hotel though is it’s location right by the Byward Market and within walking distance of most of Ottawa’s main attractions.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DeaconBrodie276
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

All I can say is, this hotel it is excellent!! The room was great, the air conditioning worked very well, the staff was helpful and courteous, room clean, bed comfortable. Breakfast was both hot and cold and I just have nothing to say negatively. A great location!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my 2 weeks stay here for our business/vacation trip. The location is very convenient. It is located right at Byward Market and walkable to many restaurants. We even walked to catch the bus and water taxi to some museums and attractions.

Most of the people in the front desk are very friendly, especially Simon, James, Moe, and Chelsea. They were very helpful and nice. They always greeted us with a smile and took the time to ask me about my day.

We ate at The Bistro few times, which is attached to the hotel. The food were fine. The people who worked there were super nice and went over the top in helping us, especially Nick and Yannick. Many times, we brought take-out and ate at their tables, and they did not mind. Nick would always bring us plates and utensils and greet us with a smile. He even remembered my toddler likes to eat peeled apples only, and he brought out a peeled apple the next day for us without me asking at all. On the day that we were leaving, he went out of his way to pack us some road trip food for our long drive. Nick definitely went over the top in helping us make our trip there a nice and comfy one.

Location is great. Front desk people are nice. Nick and Yannick from The Bistro are wonderful as well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Edie C
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We walked in off the street on a Saturday morning and they went out of their way to find us a great rate and a great room. They even gave my son a welcome gift and chocolate bar.
I'd like to thank Moe at the front desk for his amazing service - extremely patient and helpful.
We were even granted a late check out - it just made our stay that much more comfortable.

We had a mini fridge in the room and were able to use the microwave downstairs.

The room and beds were clean and comfortable. We used the pool and had a wonderful time.
There is a taxi stand right outside the hotel and it's within walking distance to everything.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in downtown Ottawa.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family