“SPEECHLESS!!!!”

Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“SPEECHLESS!!!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Deciding on where to throw my 30th B-Day, Arc was my first choice to inquire on due to the fact of my previous stays at the hotel. Great Vibe and Location along with great service. I had the opportunity to meet with the events cordinator Nadine, and was blown away by the level of passion she had to accomidate me ,along with the integrity ARC and their staff had to offer to accomidate the event. Not only speaking from my own exprience, but also from the guests at the party, nothing but great feedback on all the particulars such as the Libary Dining Room where dinner was hoasted to the Lounge area and Bar. Thank you Arc, Nadine and staff ( Dalas,Angela,etc) for making my 30th a very memorable evening!!!!! Definately first choice of Hotels to stay at or host a party in Ottawa!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
ARC The.Hotel is thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a recommendation of our property and we do hope that you will return for your next special occaision.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I brought a group for dinner to Arc The.Hotel and used the upper lounge and library room. The service I received before hand from Nadine in helping choose my menus and such was fantastic. The food presentation was wonderful and my guests thoroughly enjoyed their meal. I recommend the beef tenderloin-delicious! I'm already planning to revisit again in May to bring another group.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough and complimentary review of ARC The.Hotel. We are thrilled that our associates and facility were able to exceed your expectations. We are proud to be your hotel of choice in Ottawa and look forward to welcoming you back.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Let's start this by saying, i really really wanted to love this hotel. It had a lot going for it from the start. Nice location. Small. New. Honestly, the only real complaint i have about the hotel are the beds. And for me, it's a huge factor in staying at a hotel, no matter how pleasant everything else is around you.

Let's just say, everything ELSE was amazing. Fantastic staff who was always smiling and greeted us with a smile and sparking wine! Helpful door-staff who always had my car waiting within 10 minutes of a call. Very clean, nice lounge and sitting area to wait and free access to internet (in the lobby) while waiting for friends to show up. Water daily. Coffee and tea in room. Robes and a nice shower/bath combo. Beautiful white, tiled walls and a good amount of living space in our deluxe King room.

Again, the only complaint i have is with the sleeping. The mattress felt older and hard and every single move from my partner was felt (her too from me) and we had 3 bad sleeps in a row. The pillows were a bit uncomfy too (those faux chunky foam pillows that try to mock down but end up just bunching up at one end or the other). Mostly, i think simply getting a nice, pillowtop for all the beds would eliminate most of the complaints i have about the beds.

If i could give this a 3.5, i would. I really really wanted to love the hotel. And again, most of it, i really did!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Your feedback is welcome at ARC The.Hotel. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them. To that end we have made arrangements to replace the mattress that caused your concern. We hope that we can be of service on your next visit to Ottawa.
toronto, ON
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Booked this hotel for 2 nights during Winterlude using my Amex. Free breakfast was well worth it. Double check breakfast charges as sometimes errors do occur.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review ARC The.Hotel. We are glad you were able to enjoy all our hotel and Ottawa has to offer. We look forward to being of service again in the near future.
Upstate New York
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My spouse and I spent a couple nights at the Arc and were happy with our experience, although there are a few things that they could improve. The room was larger than I expected. We were upgraded from a queen to king room, but I still expected a tiny room. Everything was clean and unlike other reviewers, I could not hear my neighbors at all, which was nice because I am a very light sleeper. A noteworthy drawback was the staff service specific to the front desk (the doormen and valet workers were great). Many of the receptionists were not incredibly nice and a couple of them were rather smug. The other issue we had was with the thermostat in our room. It seemed to be out of whack, either too chilly or too hot... Not a terrible incovenience, just a little annoying. Overall, not the best place I've stayed at but a nice/average experience.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank ast66
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough and complimentary review of ARC The.Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and appreciate your constructive comments, using feedback like yours and other reviewers on TripAdvisor we continue to evaluate areas for improvement. Should your travels bring you back to Ottawa we look forward to being of service.
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed at ARC a few weeks ago for the first time. It will not be my last. I was highly impressed with the proffessional, friendly and efficient staff that I encountered throughout the hotel. The rooms though not large are very well decorated and complete with all the amenities that a travel like myself looks for when on the road. The beds are comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was very good and the room, hallways and foyer are clean and well maintained. I also had the pleasure of enjoying a drink and meal in the restaurant/bar. The food and service were both exceptional. Ask for the Chef's almonds, they are fantastic. I average 75 nights a year in hotels on business, I will definitly be returning to the ARC next time I'm in Ottawa. Well done to the staff and management.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ARC The.Hotel is thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your business and your taking the time to leave a recommendation of our property. We do hope that we will be your home away from home in Ottawa.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We were welcomed with a bubbly, chocolates and smiley faces. The whole hotel had a friendly feel and has an artistic touch. The breakfast/brunch menu was different, well presented and enjoyable. The room was cosy.

Confederation park, Parliament, Rideau Canal and Byward mark are all within a walking distance. Would love to go back.

Amex deal made it even more enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your complimentary review of ARC The.Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel services, as well as, our unbeatable location. We would be honored to have you stay with us again in the near future.