Visiting Ottawa for a work conference and stayed at the novotel for three nights.
The rooms have a typical hotel room feel.
modern but simple.
- Great location across the street from the shopping center, and one block away from the Byward market. A short walk to the Hill.
- Very clean and modern shower (see picture). No bath tub.
- good size rooms
- the bed was okay but the pillows were cheap and uncomfortable. Tried the extra pillow in the closet but it had a strange feel. I called for other types of pillow but none were great. Also the bedding felt a little cheap. Its was not the plush and soft type I like but may just be my personal preference. There is no sheet separating the duvet from the bed or you. The hotel does have a sign saying that they change the duvet after each guest stay. There is also an extra sheet in the closet if you want to use, which I did.
- the water and mini bar have motion sensers soif you move then you will be automatically charged. Not an issue if you know but does change the feeling of the hotel.
Overall it was a good stay mostly due to the location. I'm not sure if I would be rushing to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming modern full-service hotel set in the heart of downtown Ottawa, located just steps to the Byward Market and the Rideau Canal, a short walk to the Parliament and across the street from the Rideau Shopping Centre- the leading shopping destination in the city which holds one of the only Nordstrom stores in Canada. The Novotel Ottawa is perfectly situated across from the Shaw Centre (Ottawa Convention Centre) and the University of Ottawa is a 5-minute walk from the property. The trendy new Albion Rooms Restaurant at the Novotel has been recognized by the New York Daily News as “hypercool” and voted by UrbanSpoon as one of the top restaurants in the city. Buffet breakfast is composed of an extensive selection of regional and seasonal produce from the market. Our bartenders serve up craft Ontario beers; wines from small wineries and winemakers, classic cocktails and our house signature dishes deserve their own place at the table. From Canadian roots and Ottawa soil, Come experience true North hospitality with a hand-crafted story in our comfy yet glamorous interior or on the restaurant’s shaded patio. From breakfast to lunch to dinner and late night, Chef Stephen’s menus take a rustic yet contemporary approach to bites, snacks, meals and feasts for any occasion! Our hotel features 282 guestrooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, 24-hour fitness center, an elegant outside patio, a refreshing indoor swimming pool, and sauna where guests can enjoy a chic yet restful stay. Underground parking is available for $23+ tax per night with 24-hour in/out privileges for registered Novotel guests. Since we aim to provide the best to all our guests, Novotel Ottawa offers 3,500 sq. ft. of naturally-lit versatile event rooms for corporate meetings or elegant weddings. All our meeting space is newly renovated and provides natural light and black-out shutters. Our largest meeting space can accommodate up to 130 people (banquet style). During the summer months, enjoy the air-conditioned guestrooms and bedroom sliding windows. The guestrooms include a mini fridge and a seating area, as well as a satellite flat-screen TV, and a coffee machine. Elegant en-suite bathrooms come with numerous fine toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ottawa Hotel Ottawa
- Ottawa Novotel
- Accor Ottawa
- Novotel Ottawa Ontario